• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Happy to be posting here

Mschmeiske

SH Member
I went to my buddies shop today to change my oil on my bike and after leaving, I get down the road to the red light, and all of the sudden an older gentleman turns the corner and cuts it short and starts coming at me head on! Thankfully I managed to jump off my bike and get out of harms way.... BOOM! My 2019 motorcycle with only 1500 miles wasn’t so lucky.... but, I’m happy to be alive...

Anyway, thought I’d say hey! I love this place and hope you’re all doing well! Be safe out there and don’t forget to tell your friends and family I love you or whatever it is they need to hear!

Wow! Close call. Thankfully your ok. I finally sold my motorcycle after 3 close calls in one week from idiots and 1 kamikaze coyote. I still miss riding but toooooooo many people out there who are constantly distracted

Glad you're ok, sounds like a rough situation. A friend on a bike died here in VT last week...you just never know. Most of the time it's someone else...tough to control.someone else's actions.

His eyes weren't on you, were they? I always looked at the eyes. Glad you are OK.

Honestly it looked like they were! He literally asked me after “where did I hit you?” And the officer asked him if he took the corner short and he said “I guess I did”

I certainly don’t think he was all there anymore. He was 87. Not that it means anything.. my grandfather is the same age and doing well, unfortunately for him, I don’t think time is on his side. Fortunately for me, he didn’t kill me.

Dude glad you are ok!!

One of our recent graduates at school was just killed on his motorcycle 4th of July night by a drunk driver.

I had a bike back in college and loved it but the other oblivious people on the road terrify me to get another.

Been to too many vehicle vs motorcycle incidents with fire dept

Almost always the other vehicle’s fault

Always wanted one but will never get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you're ok. I always worry about someone hitting me from behind. Someone cutting a corner short and hitting me never really crossed my mind...until now. I have put 20K miles on my Road King in just 2 years. I love riding too much to stop. If I could get paid to ride, I would make a living at it. Thanks for sharing your story. It reminds me to keep my head on a swivel.

Glad you're ok. I always worry about someone hitting me from behind. Someone cutting a corner short and hitting me never really crossed my mind...until now. I have put 20K miles on my Road King in just 2 years. I love riding too much to stop. If I could get paid to ride, I would make a living at it. Thanks for sharing your story. It reminds me to keep my head on a swivel.

Ive thought about these things before too. I never envisioned that one until now!

Wow,so glad you were paying attention. I never heard of a guy jumping off a standing bike to avoid getting run over,that is just so bizarre. I think i would have watched him run me over,what a great reaction you had. Happy 2nd birthday.

Glad your ok. Everyone's distracted out there these days, makes for increased danger for folks on bikes for sure. I hope you'll be replacing your bike but I get it if you don't.

Back