• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Happy with the JRB method

Bowmanmike

I climbed today in a new tree using my throwball to get my rope through the crotch. As I hooked up my bridge to the double meeches I saw movement 70 yds away. Some deer,but not coming my way. After a few minutes I decided to climb and be as quiet as possible. I took my time and got set up.
10 mins later and three does came to right under my tree but I got no shot.
This is my 2nd season using the JRB method and I feel like I really have it dialed in now. It was great to be able to climb with deer so close and to stay undetected. I had some decent cover too,the old doe kept looking up but couldn't quite figure me out. She won since she had me pinned and I couldn't get my bow. Having two more sets of eyes made it even harder. All the deer were within 15 yds.

Back