• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Harken Cam Cleat on 2019 Hawk

CrackbottomLouis

Just wondering how folks are doing this. One bolt through versa bolt hole second below it? Above it? 2 drilled holes above and below existing bolt hole? Different spot entirely? Wondering if it's best to keep versa bolt hole as is if I want to go back. Bolt hole looks different size than required for cam cleat. Dont want to mess up my stick by doing something I didn't think through ramifications of.

I used the existing hole and drilled one below. I use a full length stick and have thought a couple times that it could be better suited lower than where I have it depending on the diameter of the tree, but it’s worked perfectly fine.

I used the existing hole and drilled one below. I use a full length stick and have thought a couple times that it could be better suited lower than where I have it depending on the diameter of the tree, but it’s worked perfectly fine.

The bolt for the versa button seems much bigger than the one required for the cleat. Did that cause any issues? I'm going to cut down my stick to 22.5 I think after watching many youtube vids. Wondering if I will incur any negative impact mounting the cam half inch below the versa button.

The bolt for the versa button seems much bigger than the one required for the cleat. Did that cause any issues? I'm going to cut down my stick to 22.5 I think after watching many youtube vids. Wondering if I will incur any negative impact mounting the cam half inch below the versa button.
Mine was pretty snug but this was on the old version.

I mounted mine snug to the versa button and just below. The alignment is fine.

That's what I thought would be best. I got thrown by the bolt hole for the versa button being a much bigger diameter than the bolt for the harken 150. Seemed an important bolt not to have any wiggle in.

The hole on the new hawks are a lot bigger than the old ones.

Yeah. I think I'll have to go below the versa button. Dont think that will effect how well it secures to the tree but as I'm kind of new to this wasn't sure I wasn't overlooking something that would be obvious to y'all.

Yeah. I think I'll have to go below the versa button. Dont think that will effect how well it secures to the tree but as I'm kind of new to this wasn't sure I wasn't overlooking something that would be obvious to y'all.
I went 3/8" above on one stick and 3/8" below the hole on another when I switched mine to a smaller button. I haven't ever messed with a cam cleat but I would think you'd be ok either way.

Back