• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Harness & Sit-drag question

BarnabyHooge01

Hello All - New-ish hunter here, and the last 3 seasons I've really only hunted out of ground blinds. Just before the end of last season I snagged a used climber & a brand new Muddy harness that I wore all of two times....

Of course now I've found saddles and I'm fairly confident this is the system for me. I've done some searching but didn't really find anything conclusive about whether or not using the Muddy harness that I just dropped nearly $90 on will work with a sit drag. I'd like to use that use that for at least a season before I spend a ton of money on one of the commercially available units. Anyone here use a Muddy harness with a sit drag?

Thanks!

I used the full body harness for one season that had lineman belt loops on it and it worked just fine. I'm just not a big personal fan of full-body harness just because of the shoulder straps digging to my neck a little bit so I moved on to a regular rock climbing harness. I just wrapped up the back strap. I used a sit drag with mine also and it was no problem. I moved on later in the year to a fleece drag which seemed to fit my body style just a little bit better.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hello All - New-ish hunter here, and the last 3 seasons I've really only hunted out of ground blinds. Just before the end of last season I snagged a used climber & a brand new Muddy harness that I wore all of two times....

Of course now I've found saddles and I'm fairly confident this is the system for me. I've done some searching but didn't really find anything conclusive about whether or not using the Muddy harness that I just dropped nearly $90 on will work with a sit drag. I'd like to use that use that for at least a season before I spend a ton of money on one of the commercially available units. Anyone here use a Muddy harness with a sit drag?

Thanks!
And I forgot to mention, welcome from Barron county Wisconsin.

I used the full body harness for one season that had lineman belt loops on it and it worked just fine. I'm just not a big personal fan of full-body harness just because of the shoulder straps digging to my neck a little bit so I moved on to a regular rock climbing harness. I just wrapped up the back strap. I used a sit drag with mine also and it was no problem. I moved on later in the year to a fleece drag which seemed to fit my body style just a little bit better.

Any body use just the sit drag conversion like I watched G2 outdoors video without rock climbing harness or safety harness

Hi everyone , I am a brand new member and have not saddle hunted yet . Looking to get started and I do have a sit and drag already . I watched about every you tube video out there , I watched a great one w G2 outdoors about converting sit drag, I think I would at least feel better w 1 in webbing to go around my legs loosely to insure that the sit drag does not slip up or down
Safe or not is the question, without rock climbing harness or safety harness

I don’t think anyone will tell you it’s safe. Some may tell you they do it and feel comfortable, but it’s their decision only. Try it at ground level. Try to fall out and make the determination for yourself. I wore a rock climbing harness with mine. For an extra $40 and not much more weight, I liked the peace of mind.

Try it at ground level and try to fall out.
It’s all up to you and the risk your willing to accept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back