• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Camera Arm

Anyone tried this thing? It's pretty cheap at around 70-80. Seems to me it might be worth trying, thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Hawk-HUNT-HA...1534792944&sr=8-7&keywords=hunting+camera+armView attachment 5680

I just bought one. I haven't filmed with it but, I have climbed with it, set it up on a tree and played with it some. I have very little experience filming and nothing to compare it to, but, it seems smooth to me. It comes with a fluid head and although I am sure it's nothing like the more expensive ones it's way better than the cheap tripod and friction head I had laying around the house. It doesn't seem to heavy but, I haven't weighed it. It makes a little noise when you slide the arm in and out of the base but, I think with some practice I can get rid of that issue. Overall, I am happy with it for the price.

I wanted to start filming my kids this year but I just couldn't get myself to spend the type of money that others on here are. I bought this camera arm, plan on using my wife's DSLR camera (shhhh...she doesn't know that yet) and a Go Pro that my son actually found in the sand walking on the beach a couple of years ago. So i'm basically set up to film for the cost of the camera arm and a few go pro accessories. We'll see how it goes.

Back