• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HAWK HANGOUT TREE SEAT

three5x5s

I"m not a saddle guy. Treestand only so far, but as I was looking at Camofire this morning I seen this Kawk Hang on seat and wondered if it would make a cheaper

1597240568403.png
($29.99) Platform for you saddle user's??? Add a versa/aluma button and hang it upside down? Maybe use it as a semi permanent platform.

1597240568403.png

If you want a sub $50 platform, the best way I know of is to turn a cheap tree stand seat into your platform. I made a video on the one I used for a season now a buddy is using it. You may be able to do this with the hawk seat, but I think some people have failed at this.

I used a lone wolf assault seat kit on a 1 inch aluminum square stock post. Added a versa button and LW standoffs with the LW strap and she's rock solid on a tree. Seat on the other hand flexes a little under my 175lbs. Doable, but not at 200lbs+ would be my guess.

Don’t feel bad that you haven’t been active here long enough to have seen this question be asked a bunch (which should also make you feel good—you’re not alone in having this idea!). The search function on here is a great place to start when asking questions like this, but don’t hesitate to ask more questions after giving that a run.
There are definitely workable cheap platform options if you’re balling on a budget, but from what others have said about this seat, this ain’t it.

Never, ever bring this crap into this forum again, understand???!!!

JUST KIDDING! LOL yeah the biggest issue is that it is almost impossible without spending as much or more money on mods to get it to stay attatched to the tree. It looks like an awesome idea because of the price point and size is nice but there have been so many people try and get so frustrated with these here on this site. Almost everybody that has tried got very frustrated with it. Believe me, I almost took the plunge myself. I've decided to wait on a different option after much, MUCH research on the Hawk Hangout.

I'll go against the grain here and say they do work. They're not the best and a little wobbly but they work. You just have to know how to cam them over. A buddy of mine who is a severe cheap @$$ uses my old one with a fleece saddle. Watch this video on how to cam it over properly. It's at about 4:35 to save the suspense:

Last edited:
Never, ever bring this crap into this forum again, understand???!!!

JUST KIDDING! LOL yeah the biggest issue is that it is almost impossible without spending as much or more money on mods to get it to stay attatched to the tree. It looks like an awesome idea because of the price point and size is nice but there have been so many people try and get so frustrated with these here on this site. Almost everybody that has tried got very frustrated with it. Believe me, I almost took the plunge myself. I've decided to wait on a different option after much, MUCH research on the Hawk Hangout.
It looked like a good idea....... But I get it. If your going to post about saddle hunting on a saddle hunting forum you may want to know a tiny bit about saddle hunting first. I do not, I"m a treestand hunter. Never had seen the Hawk seat till today on Camofire, Before you ask why am I on a saddle hunter forum if I dont know anything about saddle hunting? Because you guys are sticks, rope & gadgets experts to. I"ll do a little research before posting my next Grand idea.

It looked like a good idea....... But I get it. If your going to post about saddle hunting on a saddle hunting forum you may want to know a tiny bit about saddle hunting first. I do not, I"m a treestand hunter. Never had seen the Hawk seat till today on Camofire, Before you ask why am I on a saddle hunter forum if I dont know anything about saddle hunting? Because you guys are sticks, rope & gadgets experts to. I"ll do a little research before posting my next Grand idea.
No worries, they're just having a little fun with you. :) Don't hesitate to ask anything, someone here will point you in the right direction. The Hawk seat thing typically garners a little more attention since it does come up 3 to 4 times a year. Actually considered it myself for a while . . . wish I had a hide under the stool icon :)

Edit: And that wasn't my worst platform idea by a long shot . . . .

LOL yeah we dont bite here. Just mess with everybody. Hope you didnt take that the wrong way. Wasnt meant meant to be rude but all in fun. Definitely get in here and poke around. We all were ladder stand, lock-on, climber guys at one time or another. Heck, I havent even got my first saddle in yet. But this place is awesome for info. You dont even have to be a saddle hunter to be here. We dont judge.

Back