• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Helium or Beast Sticks

Jason Smith

I bought another pack of Hawk Helium sticks to cut down but was wondering if the Beast Sticks may be a better option than modifying the Heliums. I can return the Heliums and put that money towards Beast sticks but I'm wondering if the Beast sticks are that much better for the money than the Heliums.

IMO Beast sticks are the Cadillac of Sticks. They grip the tree like none other.

I am a big guy. I hunted the helium’s one time. I felt the Helium’s flexing under foot. Needless to say I have not hunted them since.

I have not handled the beast sticks at all so can't speak for them. I do have the Helium's and love them. Beast sticks are slightly lighter perhaps but Don not have foldable steps. I weigh 230 and have not had issues with flex. I am not attempting to say you should buy Helium's over beast sticks as I a sure they are top notch. Just sharing my experience with Helium's for whatever it is worth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

the beast sticks are awesome and so light to carry. I would say its a choice of money and doing modifications. I like that I didn't have to do anything to get exactly what I wanted.
The non folding steps are a kind of a pain but I used muddy pro's before and never folded the steps anyway.

For my application and how I like to pack in, the Helium sticks are ideal. The folding steps and my nesting method are as compact as sticks can possibly get as far as I know.

The Beast sticks looks amazing I just dont think I could pack them into my system as easily.

ZC2R8Xu.jpg

Q6vElnK.jpg

Havent held the beast sticks in person, but Im buying 3 more Heliums Wednesday to modify. I really like them cut down to 20" step to step with a movable aider.

I have both helium’s and beast sticks

Helium’s will be one pound heavier for three modified sticks
Helium’s are great sticks for the coin
But the beast sticks grip the tree better stack better and are lighter

I like the beast sticks better than the ones I made mainly because of how they stack and how they stick to the tree
I like them better than helium’s too
Dan did a great job IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like the beast sticks better than the ones I made mainly because of how they stack and how they stick to the tree
Dan did a great job IMO

Versa buttons and amsteel on the heliums? Your saying 3 for 3 the heliums are 1lb more? Wow beast sticks are light if that's the case.

Dan did a great job IMO

How do beast sticks stack better? Can you quantify that with a volumetric measurement?

As far as I can see, there are only two negatives about the Beast sticks....the steps don't fold for transport and they are significantly more expensive @ $80/each (ouch!).

How do beast sticks stack better? Can you quantify that with a volumetric measurement?

They are not offset when you stack them so they don’t get wider as you add to the number of sticks in a pile. They also lock together tightly when stacked
I really like that feature. And the standoff’s are the best I have used and I have tried almost all of them

As far as I can see, there are only two negatives about the Beast sticks....the steps don't fold for transport and they are significantly more expensive @ $80/each (ouch!).
Folding steps are great but when a step folds it sticks out on the top step making it longer.

Thanks for the input guys. I like features of both sticks so gonna have some thinking to do.

I have not seen the Beast sticks in person but reviews have said that the piece that goes against the tree is sharp and people have stated they have gotten cut or cut clothing.....remember I have not seen them only going by reviews I have seen on AT.

I love my hawks. The only mod I have done is versa and rope mode and it really made a nice difference. I love the folding step, personally it makes packing super nice. I might cut mine down and look at doing knaider and swaider climb if possible.

I just cant get past the price of the beast sticks.

For my application and how I like to pack in, the Helium sticks are ideal. The folding steps and my nesting method are as compact as sticks can possibly get as far as I know.

The Beast sticks looks amazing I just dont think I could pack them into my system as easily.

ZC2R8Xu.jpg

Q6vElnK.jpg
I spy a can of Yeungling in the background!

Back