• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Helium parts

lccmo

Sep 29, 2020
I bought a set of Hawk Helium sticks used but they are missing the male suction parts to hold the sticks together, would anyone. know if there is a 3d model to print these or can I replace them with a better system?

XArmy

Sep 12, 2020
West Michigan
I bought new sticks and out of the box the male parts had white stress marks and the second time I pulled them apart, 3 out of the 4 broke off. I emailed them twice and I get no response. I'll be avoiding Hawk products from now on. I assume they are another Chinese company. But I would like to get something to at least make the ones I have work for now.

Flint

Nov 16, 2018
Warsaw, NY 14569
The new suction cups suck! Female side is to hard of a rubber. Some are using camper door keepers. I like some just took them off. A little vet wrap to quiet them down and good to go. They still stack good.Screenshot_20201008-100138.png

kenn1320

Sep 15, 2015
I bought new sticks and out of the box the male parts had white stress marks and the second time I pulled them apart, 3 out of the 4 broke off. I emailed them twice and I get no response. I'll be avoiding Hawk products from now on. I assume they are another Chinese company. But I would like to get something to at least make the ones I have work for now.
I bought a 4pk of mini sticks from them. Everything looks good, except 1 stick has the bottom step hole drilled in the wrong spot. Only part of the lower step is supported. I sent email with photo asking if it was ok and got no response.

XArmy

Sep 12, 2020
West Michigan
Side note, a quick search showed GSM outdoors bought Hawk (and muddy among others) and Sentinal bought GSM. Translation, big corporation bought out big corporation who bought out the little guys. I wouldn't expect much from these companies. Sad.

Makes me glad I just made several orders with Tethrd and Eastern Woods Outdoors.

Reactions: POC and BTaylor

lccmo

Sep 29, 2020
short of paying $20 per stick how are other connecting these sticks if the out of the box method is breaking

XArmy

Sep 12, 2020
West Michigan
Sorrry, back on topic, I'm going to turn down some UHMW on a lathe and try to replicate them. I'll let you know if it works. If it does, I'll send you some. No promises though.

BTaylor

SH Member
Oct 23, 2019
Central Arkansas
short of paying $20 per stick how are other connecting these sticks if the out of the box method is breaking
Same way we did before they came up with them stupid little suction cups, put a strap around them and cinch it tight.