• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk helium platform squeaks and creaks

CavemanRob

This is my 1st full year of saddle hunting, I, I did 1 or 2 sits last year. When I was looking for a platform, the predator was back ordered so I didn't get it last year. I went with the hawk helium platform on top of my helium sticks. It was a good deal at the time and it got me up in the tree. Is this year, for some reason the helium platform squeaks and creeks like crazy every time I adjust while I'm up in the tree. I tried everything from stealth strips to is grips 2 adding 4 machine screws and screws and tightening them down as much as I could get between the platform and the stick. No matter what I've done the plastic bushing inside the platform creeks every time I adjust my weight. I have a predator platform en route. Going to switch to that for the rest of the season. Has anyone had a similar issue with this platform?

I use the HSP platform and was getting i bit of play with the screws and nuts I used to replace the pins. Have only used a it a few climbs. Never did it sqeak. I replaced screws with some grade 8 bolts, lock washers, and nylock nuts. Seems much more solid/tight now.

Have you tightened all bolts good and firm? I modded the HSP to use 4 bolts and it’s quiet and quite sturdy.

I had the same issue, but not sure if it’s the platform or the stand outs. Still not sure. I did take the platform back off and put some vet tape over the end of the stick. Then I Slid the platform back on and re tightened everything. ….…that was after I replaced pins with the 1/4” bolts and nuts. I tightened the crap out of it and did get the standout bolts a smidge tighter than they were. It seemed to have stopped. BUT, I also replaced button with cam cleats and replaced strap with amsteel…..if your strap and or rope is stretching it’s gonna squeak.

I guess there is a possibility it could be something else....im running amsteel daisy chain for straps. Only seems to do it on the top platform though......its mostly when I put any kind of side pressure on it.

Thanks everyone

Back