• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Helium Sticks

Swamp

Have you guys ever put your hawks on crooked trees? Do they go with the tree well or do you wish you had tree stand offs that rotate and adjust?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I used hawks exclusively last season and don’t have a single complaint. Mine are cut. I never used them stock but didn’t have any issue with any tree.

I wish they rotated but overall I still think modded they are the best sticks available. You just have to be cognizant when you set them to make sure the bracket bites and not put any side pressure on them in more precarious kickout situations.

Been using them from the day they first became available, on all kinds of trees - Only two sticks I use now are my modified heliums and 1 set of the new Beast sticks. Last year I used them on every single hunt but one. I bought 15 sticks total and modified them so I never have to worry about them going out of sale - that's how much I like them.

I wish they rotated but overall I still think modded they are the best sticks available. You just have to be cognizant when you set them to make sure the bracket bites and not put any side pressure on them in more precarious kickout situations.

Easily modified with a grinder to have a rotational bracket like original LWs - just grind down the ears that wrap around stick. takes about 5 minutes with a coarse stone to do 3 sticks

Easily modified with a grinder to have a rotational bracket like original LWs - just grind down the ears that wrap around stick. takes about 5 minutes with a coarse stone to do 3 sticks
Another option is to simply use longer bolts and wing nuts. Check the middle stick. They quickly lock back into place. I pack them two to a side on my pack.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190301-082120.png
    Screenshot_20190301-082120.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 95

I've thought of doing that. Sounds like a good weekend project. Last weekend I just found a grinder I inherited when my grandpap passed and totally forgot about. I have 6 extra sticks in case something goes wrong. You really buy a lot of backups!

lol yes I do but I've kicked myself in the butt so many times in the past when products I really like were discontinued. I'd kill for one of those old screw on a limb screaming eagle tree saws.....

Thanks guys, I'm 6'4 and toying around with cutting my sticks but dont want raiders. Should I keep them the same length? Taking middle steps off 27 inches from top to bottom step was to large a gap! 4 sticks at 30" get me 20 ft. I have changed out regular straps to xop buttons. I have ropes but debating on the xop straps with it instead of the rope! Decisions?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Been using them from the day they first became available, on all kinds of trees - Only two sticks I use now are my modified heliums and 1 set of the new Beast sticks. Last year I used them on every single hunt but one. I bought 15 sticks total and modified them so I never have to worry about them going out of sale - that's how much I like them.
Love your philosophy on stuff you like! :) Gonna have to adopt it!

Anyone tried the using the new hawk buttons with a rope mod? If so what size rope do I need to buy and any suggestions on best length to cut them?

Anyone tried the using the new hawk buttons with a rope mod? If so what size rope do I need to buy and any suggestions on best length to cut them?
I just took the metal buckle off the strap and used the remainder of the strap like the rope mod. It works fine but a few trees I tried were a bit too big in diameter. Make sure to wrap it enough and half hitch it enough.
On crooked trees my Hawks worked acceptably. I just mounted them nearly vertical. I don't know why rotating bases would be better.
I bought six sticks so I would have a few to modify.

I just took the metal buckle off the strap and used the remainder of the strap like the rope mod. It works fine but a few trees I tried were a bit too big in diameter. Make sure to wrap it enough and half hitch it enough.
On crooked trees my Hawks worked acceptably. I just mounted them nearly vertical. I don't know why rotating bases would be better.
I bought six sticks so I would have a few to modify.
That’s what I’ve been thinking would work. I’m definitely getting rid of those buckles. Thanks

Back