• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Helium Suction Cup Fix

EJohnson

I did a search and didn't come up with anything.
I just got my Helium sticks in and I remember reading on how to mod the suction cups to make them easier to get apart and keep them from breaking.
Any help?

I just got my Helium sticks in and I remember reading on how to mod the suction cups to make them easier to get apart and keep them from breaking.
Any help?
I think some people sanded them and put silicone grease on them.

Any help?
I think sanding the sharp edge of the male side worked for some. I haven't tried to fix mine yet. The 2019 stick I have has much softer cup material and works better as well.

I had to trim with a razor knife the inside of the cups it worked great a lot of people had the problem with the 20in sticks and slag in the sticks

There is another thread where some have said they trimmed the edges on the cups. Dont remember if it were a specific one, male or female end. Mine are tight also, I am going to trim the male end as well as I was looking at them today. It seems like it would be the easier of the two not to screw up.

As others said, there is a little lip on the inside of the suction cups. Use a knife and cut it out.

Are most trimming the upper lip of the female side?
From the way it looks Im not sure I would do that. I havent tried it yet so take it for what its worth. It looks like you would have to trim the inside of the upper cup. There is an edge on the inside you can feel with your finger which seems to be the part that helps hold them in place together.

From the way it looks Im not sure I would do that. I havent tried it yet so take it for what its worth. It looks like you would have to trim the inside of the upper cup. There is an edge on the inside you can feel with your finger which seems to be the part that helps hold them in place together.
I did all of my cups and they still fit good I was almost gonna take them off and make them lighter.

You could try these.

I sanded the male button side of my sticks and only trimmed the inner lip of the female end where they were already tearing because of at first I was trying to work the sticks apart and back together to try and loosen everything up. But it never worked, only ended up tearing the cups up. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just trimmed a little! I didn't even try my sticks first already new the problem from some people on here.

Some guys are having problems with the straps buckles I just changed my straps with LW onesScreenshot_20200718-215402_Gallery.jpg

Haven’t read the whole thread so not sure how far along you are on these sticks. But i would recommend starting with sanding the buttons first before cutting the cups if it’s not too late. I sanded mine and it was enough to not need to cut anything on some of the cups. The only cups I cut were ones that were already tearing inside from the buttons. But it wasn’t necessary on others that didn’t tear after sanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back