• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Heliums

Cutright

I just got a new set of Hawk Helium’s and am having difficulty separating them. Does the tension on the buttons relax a little over time? They a very difficult to attach together and to separate them? Can I do something to ease this while still having them secure for transportation?

My son just called me and said that one broke. I guess I should have posted this a couple of hours ago!

There are several threads around here with different mods to fix this problem. Like what was already said, probably the best mod is to trim the inside of the cups were they hold onto buttons. Then also sand the sharp edge of the buttons. I did this to mine and it made it much more manageable but still was not super easy to come apart IMO.

Also hate to tell you but I found that the rubber becomes even more stiff and hard to work in cold temperatures. Pulling the sticks apart when cold it was almost like I never did the mod at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information. I tried to search past threads because I figured that it had been addressed, but I didn’t find anything

I just ordered these. They feel much stronger than the original Hawk buttons. I'll probably still trim the inside of the suction cup to make it a little easier to separate.

1608672977889.png

Here's another option for the Hawk Heliums.

Dano sells these as a replacement option

Back