• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk platform

dgshark

I was searching the Internet for DIY platforms and somehow I came across this hawk platform thought it looked ok and similar to the Tethrd. I made the purchase , we will see how good it is when I get up a tree with it.

00fd02937e856362959c992b9bee539e.jpg
bc9763eb6078158393699531222ce037.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following. Curious to get the feedback.

Same with the platform that goes on the helium.. I’d test it but already committed to AOF platform..

I was searching the Internet for DIY platforms and somehow I came across this hawk platform thought it looked ok and similar to the Tethrd. I made the purchase , we will see how good it is when I get up a tree with it.

00fd02937e856362959c992b9bee539e.jpg
bc9763eb6078158393699531222ce037.jpg

Give us feedback

I will definitely test it out and post my thoughts on it. I was looking at the platform the goes on the sticks but I don’t like a platform that small.

Following. I have the scout on my heliums love it, but wouldn't mind a bigger platform for longer sits

I’m following this one too. After tonight’s hunt on a ROS for the first time, I’m in the market for a platform. It does look like it could be slippery, but nothing a little non-skid adhesive tape couldn’t fix if that was it’s only downside.

Following, interested how this whole thing plays out. I know saddle hunting is "new" to the hunting world. Had a cabelas hunting catalog come in the mail yesterday and nothing saddle related in it....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing so I got some grip tape on order. For the price of Hawk hunting stand/sticks I think they are well made.

I was thinking the same thing so I got some grip tape on order. For the price of Hawk hunting stand/sticks I think they are well made.

I got some 3M grip/tread tape from Home Depot and it has worked great on my Summits

Make sure to “round off” any square corner cuts so it will have less chance of pulling up

I want to know how much more it weighs than advertised..

That Versa button is way too high. When you slide the entire platform down prior to camlocking, the bracket is going to be touching the strap..

Did they violate a patent or something other than a similar design?

Tethrd has applied for a patent on the predator, including the distinctive "wings" design at the front of the platform. They've already sent a letter to inform another equipment maker of infringement, because if they fail to protect their patent, it pretty much ceases to matter.

Tethrd has applied for a patent on the predator, including the distinctive "wings" design at the front of the platform. They've already sent a letter to inform another equipment maker of infringement, because if they fail to protect their patent, it pretty much ceases to matter.

Legality aside, I will not be supporting Hawk anymore after seeing this. There is a difference between right and wrong, and this is a Chinese knockoff of the work of a hard-working American company.

Might as well be sold on Amazon or eBay under of those ridiculous Chinese company names that is a mashup of consonants in all caps.. APMLIM AURAOGREE YEEKEE Hunting Products. With a bunch of fake 5 star reviews.

Gotcha. I think the dude making the brushbuster got a letter. I had read that it was just the grip or the process that put the grip on the exterior. Don't know the patent details, but it is interesting. Will be real interesting to see the final product from Hawk.

Did they violate a patent or something other than a similar design?

I’m pretty sure tethrd has some sort of patent on the platform. I mean, they basically copied the design.

Good thing I ordered this before Hawk got sued out of business. Or maybe it’s junk and I will regret my purchase. Haha.

I’m pretty sure tethrd has some sort of patent on the platform. I mean, they basically copied the design.

Tethrd may have a one or more patents on it, but I'm not sure what patentable item Hawk may have violated. First, the Hawk platform is more "rounded" than the Predator which has more acute angular wings, etc (specifically the wings and the part of the platform near the tree). Second, the platform materials are completely different and thus the manufacturing process is completely different (the Hawk looks like welded aluminum tubing from the pictures and the Predator is cast aluminum). Third, I think Tethrd patented the ridges/teeth going around the Predator which the Hawk doesn't have. Lastly, they aren't the same size either.

Last edited:
Back