• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Saddle?

Midwest Hunter

Does anyone have any hands on experience or time in a tree with the new hawk saddle? If so what are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother bought one and from what I can tell the geometry is a direct clone of my mantis. It is such a clone that it has loops on the waist band to accept the leg strap g-hooks even though the leg straps on the hawk are not g-hooks style.
Pro: very good price. Comes with everything you need. Surprisingly comfortable, I would say more comfortable than my mantis due to the added interior pad
Cons: the waist belt is not easily adjusted, I had to unbuckle it to adjust the tension. Ropes are large and loose weave that catch on tree bark. Dump pouch is really loud. Ropeman knockoff is loud but functions. Tether is unadjustable. Legstraps remind me of cinch straps.

If you are thinking about trying a saddle for the first time and want to save some money I think it's a good value. I know some people will say you should be aware of hawk quality, while visually it did not look as refined as the tethrd products I've tried I had no conserns with the safety.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Back