• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk tree seat

ekelsey15

Jun 4, 2018
I know there have been numerous posts on this, but none answered my question that I saw.

So I bought the seat as a test for a platform, and I cannot get it tight to the tree. I drilled new holes in the lower end of the tube to keep the weight lower and I am looking at getting new standoffs for better contact with the tree, but has anyone else had this issue? If so what did you do? Is the tree I'm on too small in diameter? I am going to try a second strap at the bottom of the tube to see if that helps, likely connected to the seat itself.

Thanks in advance.

QQR

Oct 10, 2019
I changed the standoffs to the lone wolf stand off's and can get it tight where it doesn't move . I also cut the original standoffs that came with it to a point and tried that but that didn't work either. That's when I bought the lone wolf stand offs

Kwfranklin88

Sep 4, 2019
Alabama
I changed the standoffs to the lone wolf stand off's and can get it tight where it doesn't move . I also cut the original standoffs that came with it to a point and tried that but that didn't work either. That's when I bought the lone wolf stand offs
I’m thinking of trying one too. Is that all you did to get it to work good? Just change the standoffs?

QQR

Oct 10, 2019
Yes changed the two of them and I was able to tighten it down where it doesn't move

ekelsey15

Jun 4, 2018
Any pics of how you attached them?

QQR

Oct 10, 2019
Kwfranklin88 - I used the original strap , I tried the the cam strap but I could get it tight enough .

ekelsey - I just used the bolts that came with the lone wolf standoffs and bolted them in the original holes where the original standoffs were.
I'll take pics tonight and post them tomorrow.

ekelsey15

Jun 4, 2018
It’s cool. I was thinking the way it was supposed to attach was different I looked at a few of the sticks and it’s connected on the back of the bracket.