• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk tree seat

MI Sully

Hello all

This is my first year saddle hunting. I picked up a H2 saddle and absolutely love it. I was worried because I'm a bigger fella at 6'3" 280 lbs. No longer worried about the saddle. However, I can not seem to find a comfortable solution for my feet. Tried just about everything except for predator platform because that's not financially feasible for me. Screw ins killed my feet within an hour. Tried using pool noodles gaffers tapped over the screw ins. It helped a little but still not where I want to be. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the hawk tree seat used as a platform at hunting height. I fell victim after watching a video on youtube which made it look like a no brainer. I purchased four because I got them at Menards for 24.99 since they discontinued them. Plan is to prep 3 trees all ready to go and the 4th for any public land/buddy properties I may hunt. I have modified them with DIY versa buttons and intend to use ratchet straps with looped ends. I tried using a ropemod but was concerned with side preasure kicking the platform out. Anyone out there use this as their platform. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, you're fellow saddle hunter from Jackson Michigan.

There are a myriad of threads on this seat as a platform. The general consensus is that it's not great, but can be modified and made serviceable.

Use the search function and look for:
"hawk tree seat"

(Use quotes)

There are a myriad of threads on this seat as a platform. The general consensus is that it's not great, but can be modified and made serviceable.

Use the search function and look for:
"hawk tree seat"

(Use quotes)

Thank you

From what I have gathered on the forum they work good if you change the standoffs to line wolf standoffs.

Back