• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

He who walks alone

ATV gun holder is what I used when I used a bike a lot. We used beach cruisers and they were mounted on the handle bars. Should work fine on that bike too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to like my bike. I've already worked up to riding it 8 miles in the morning before work. I covered that distance in about 30 minutes this morning on the paved road. Crazy how much faster it is once you get toned up and in saddle shape.

I bought that gameplan gear pack that was on the classifieds too. Should be waiting on me when I get home tonight. I'll throw a bow and some gear in it tomorrow morning to see how I like it.

I think I'm going to like my bike. I've already worked up to riding it 8 miles in the morning before work. I covered that distance in about 30 minutes this morning on the paved road. Crazy how much faster it is once you get toned up and in saddle shape.

I bought that gameplan gear pack that was on the classifieds too. Should be waiting on me when I get home tonight. I'll throw a bow and some gear in it tomorrow morning to see how I like it.
I've had one of them for a few years, works great but I did get tired of that big pack in the tree with me. I got to where I would take the essentials out and slide in cargo pockets and hide it on the ground somewhere not far from where I was hunting. I was also carrying a climber then and things got heavy quick. But I have been eye balling it again for saddle hunting, the padded center would be great for your knees.

I've had one of them for a few years, works great but I did get tired of that big pack in the tree with me. I got to where I would take the essentials out and slide in cargo pockets and hide it on the ground somewhere not far from where I was hunting. I was also carrying a climber then and things got heavy quick. But I have been eye balling it again for saddle hunting, the padded center would be great for your knees.
Yeah, I love my little Badlands pack I bought from @redsquirrel last year. I hate big packs. We'll see how this goes. If it actually works to strap it around the tree and use it as a one pad at height, that's be cool. I have a suspicion though that I'll like the arcteryx pads I'm currently using more.

For the guys talking about strapping your bow to a backpack, are you putting in a soft case then strapping it to the pack that has your sticks and platform?

No case, my pack has built in gun/bow sling. Holds very tight, I use Primal steps, so they go inside the pack.

I bought one last year as an option. I like it but it is hasn't displaced the turkey vest yet. You got me started considering bike usage to get to some of my more remote hunting spots. I could ride down the horse trails that provide pretty good access. I haven't tried it yet but I was considering using either my Crossover or the bowsling that I bought from @Anobody and just slinging the bow across my back for the ride in.

No case, my pack has built in gun/bow sling. Holds very tight, I use Primal steps, so they go inside the pack.

Got ya, for you and nutterbuster and the like that are using minimalist climbing methods that may be an option. I like the ATV rifle/bow holders on the handle bars because I won’t strap a bow ontop of my pack with sticks and platform sticking out causing possible damage. Also, I have had a handful of opportunities that didn’t pan out but I’d ride up on deer or pigs and grabbing the bow off the holder to try and get set up for a shot was fairly quick and easily comparatively.

Got ya, for you and nutterbuster and the like that are using minimalist climbing methods that may be an option. I like the ATV rifle/bow holders on the handle bars because I won’t strap a bow ontop of my pack with sticks and platform sticking out causing possible damage. Also, I have had a handful of opportunities that didn’t pan out but I’d ride up on deer or pigs and grabbing the bow off the holder to try and get set up for a shot was fairly quick and easily comparatively.

I do like that point... strapped to my back is definitely not conducive to a quick off hand shot

Back