• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Heated vest recommendations

slonstdy

SH Member
I'm looking to purchase a heated vest for later in the season when it gets bone chilling cold out. I've searched online and most seem to be cheaply made and the reviews are not that great. I did find a vest made by Ewool that looks promising but the price is kinda steep. What do you guys use and recommend?

Pnuma makes a heated core vest. I have a few things from them that are pretty good quality and have held up really well through 2 seasons. However, I don’t own the heated vest. They’re worth a look though.

This is the one I have had for two seasons now. I work outside also so it gets used a lot. It does a great job I can keep this thing on low and be pretty warm. Not sure what the temperature get to there but here they can get to single digits every once in a wile normally in the teens in the morning though. I stay nice and warm. I use a good thin set of long Jon’s and I’m good to go. I don’t like being bulky because bow hunt and this helps cut down on having to layer substantially. I carry an extra charging port for all day sits and I can sit all day and be warm. I turn it on medium in the early morning if it’s really cold then after the sun comes up and it warms up I turn it to low. Might be cheap but it works I’ll pay this price for something that has lasted me not only two seasons of hunting but working in it every morning also.

Milwaukee heated sweatshirt. You can wire it to run off the big m-18 battery and it will last all day. Good batteries and chargers and if you need a new drill even better! If used mine for 6 years with no problems.

I'm looking to purchase a heated vest for later in the season when it gets bone chilling cold out. I've searched online and most seem to be cheaply made and the reviews are not that great. I did find a vest made by Ewool that looks promising but the price is kinda steep. What do you guys use and recommend?
Go on the website Wish. It's a direct from China mfg site. I was looking at them last year and they were very inexpensive. The site is very good in that if your product is defective or stops working they refund your money, no ?? asked.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Also a good down vest is super light and super warm. I’ve been too warm in mine in some pretty cold temps

Milwaukee heated sweatshirt. You can wire it to run off the big m-18 battery and it will last all day. Good batteries and chargers and if you need a new drill even better! If used mine for 6 years with no problems.

I too wear a Milwaukee heated hoodie but use the standard M12 batteries. Runs for hours on the medium setting. The high setting just seems to hot. They're not real expensive if you shop for bargains.
I've had both the camo version and a gray one. I sold the camo one on ebay. I prefer the material used on the non-camo version.
Make sure you wear it as your second layer over your base layer. Keep the heat as close to your body as possible and add insulated layers over it.

Last edited:
Pnuma makes a heated core vest. I have a few things from them that are pretty good quality and have held up really well through 2 seasons. However, I don’t own the heated vest. They’re worth a look though.
Just got this one a few weeks ago. It’s very high quality and should work well. Just waiting for some colder temps to test it out.

I have one that’s 2xl that doesn’t fit me I’d sell the whole thing if someone’s interested

I’m merely replying so I can keep track of the folks I have zero sympathy for

fb4656b8d1498c4a615e98157ec10458.jpg

Yeah you can keep your February weather... I've been to Wisconsin for MOPS training. There is no amount of cheese curds that makes it worth it.

I knew I came to the right place asking you guys to help me spend my money! Gonna start the surfing the interweb now.

Luckily I’m a small operation. We do field work till lunch then office work in the afternoons in the AC most days.

I bought the Torch 2 coat heater at the end of the season last year clearance sale. It's on sale for a good price now too. I like that it can be moved from coat to coat very easily. Only problem I think my wife will prevent me from using it as it will be in her coat most of the football season.

I bought the Torch 2 coat heater at the end of the season last year clearance sale. It's on sale for a good price now too. I like that it can be moved from coat to coat very easily. Only problem I think my wife will prevent me from using it as it will be in her coat most of the football season.

I have a Under Armour scent control youth xl jacket in realtree extra for sale anybody want to buy? Great for a kid!

Back