• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Helium step platform

Can you post the rest of the text? This is a great idea.

"A guy asked me about my hawk helium mod in another post I made. I took the middle steps off because I can comfortably make the step from the bottom to the top. I did not cut these down at all. I then added the steps I took off to the top of my last stick to widen the surface area for a platform. This is only temporary until I drop the cash on a platform but it works pretty good!"

Now I can see it. Pretty neat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm dumb...I started at it for a good 30 seconds trying to see the platform instead of the tops of his sticks..lol

Just did this last night. Turned out amazing. Going to slap it on a tree this afternoon and test it out. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

That's going to be a lot of stress on those bolts. It might be ok because the weight isn't going to be on one step and will be distributed across them all, but I would keep an eye on the bolts for sure.

That's going to be a lot of stress on those bolts. It might be ok because the weight isn't going to be on one step and will be distributed across them all, but I would keep an eye on the bolts for sure.
Roger. I used Grade 8, 1/4x20. Think that is heavy-duty enough?

Will it be distributed across them all consistently? I would foresee leaning hard on the putermost one unless I specifically tried not to. I agree it might be ok though.

Will it be distributed across them all consistently? I would foresee leaning hard on the putermost one unless I specifically tried not to. I agree it might be ok though.
I agree. I'm not an engineer, just a physicist and it's been a long time since I did calculations like that. It just raises a flag of something to keep an eye on for me.

Back