• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Helium Steps on 1" Tubing

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Any recommendstions on how to make it work? I've got 6 of them i want to use on a new project to save a buck. I don't need them to be reversible. I'm thinking they'll need to mount like the lone wolf steps. Maybe take a drill press and a grinder to that corner to give it a divot to press against a bolt head?

Screenshot_20200721-093806_Gallery.jpg

I have used helium steps in this manner .... i took a Lw step and used it as a pattern to make a stopper divot ... ill look for some pics

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'd slot the 1" tube so the step can fold into the tube. Place a spacer on either side of the step inside on the bolt. Think "folding knife" and how the blade folds into handle. Call it the Switchblade. <----Patent pending.

I'd slot the 1" tube so the step can fold into the tube. Place a spacer on either side of the step inside on the bolt. Think "folding knife" and how the blade folds into handle. Call it the Switchblade. <----Patent pending.
You mean cut out the sides and have the steps stored inside the tube while not in use? That sounds slick, wonder if it would work

Yes, the steps inside the tube sounds really cool but not sure about cutting a slot that long into the tube. If it proves feasible, I'm calling dibs on SwitchStick! There - trademarked and patent pending! Just need to beat @shamus275 to market.
I’m guessing you will DanO! But I get the first set from your store.

I would imagine he is wanting to side stack them. I think it would be real difficult to get those sides flush with each other while having the step inside of the stick.

@Nutterbuster If all else fails, I've got these beauties that I'll send you for free. You can cut them down the center and do what another member here did to turn them into steps (think it may have been @Bwhana).2020-04-13 18.03.21.jpg

I was laying in the sun getting my mid day dose of Vitamin D for free when "steps on sticks" popped into my brain. How about a steel clamp on the outside of the tube you could drill through. Maybe something in the electrical department at Lowes? I'll look.

If u started out with solid stock and machined the area the step would recess into I think that would be good but cutting the 1/8 wall tubing like that would weaken it big time

Get the lone wolf and trace the shape and massage into shape

Back