• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello all from VA!

Red Beard

SH Member
Hello everybody!

Been lurking around the SH site for some time now. Yall are a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate all the innovation I've seen so far.

Pulled the trigger on a Mantis, WE steps, and an aider last weekend. I can't wait to receive them and begin this new style of hunting!

Thanks.
-Beard

Welcome. Be careful and take your time learning how to get the steps solid before you progress to the aider. Have fun.

And I've got a Mantis XL and 8 WE Stepps already.
Perfect! Could always use someone with experience to help provide onsite guidance the first time you attempt a new endeavor. I remember when a seasoned buddy helped me get the gist of a climber for the first time. Made the evolution much more enjoyable/safe for me. Think keeping constant weight on a lineman's belt or tether is something I'll have to get used to...

Perfect! Could always use someone with experience to help provide onsite guidance the first time you attempt a new endeavor. I remember when a seasoned buddy helped me get the gist of a climber for the first time. Made the evolution much more enjoyable/safe for me. Think keeping constant weight on a lineman's belt or tether is something I'll have to get used to...

I agree and last month I just received my mantis, WE steps + aider, still deciding on a platform, but in the mean time, I plan on getting out to the range, setting a WE about a foot off the ground and just practice shooting from different angles.

Hello everybody!

Been lurking around the SH site for some time now. Yall are a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate all the innovation I've seen so far.

Pulled the trigger on a Mantis, WE steps, and an aider last weekend. I can't wait to receive them and begin this new style of hunting!

Thanks.
-Beard
Im on the VA NC border and I am in the same boat. Waiting on my WE steps, just sewed up a sit drag yesterday.
Assembled my bridge and spent some time swinging around a telephone pole in my front yard! The neighbors think I'm nuts!

Back