• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from a Louisiana hunter.

Howdy from Bama. Ran across one of your videos on drilling trees a while back. We've got that in common, been drilling trees for bout 30 years in the local swamp.

Reactions: WHW
New member just now saying hello to the group. I really like the site and looking forward to spending some time here soaking in all the saddle and general knowledge. My name is Warren Womack and these two links will introduce myself better than I could.

http://www.outdoorcore.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45

https://www.youtube.com/user/whw103/videos
Warren,
I've watched several of your YouTube videos. Does Loyd still climb trees using his spurs and hands without a lineman's belt?

Warren,
I've watched several of your YouTube videos. Does Loyd still climb trees using his spurs and hands without a lineman's belt?

Yes, he does. Just uses his lineman's belt to hang and remove the stand. And, that's a huge improvement from when we first started hunting together when I watched him climb a good size tree, with his stand hanging on his back and no linesman's belt. While hanging on the tree, he was actually able to take his stand off and hang it. When he was done, I told him that if we were going to hunt together he was going to have to get and use a lineman's belt. That was many years ago.

I enjoyed my time with him this morning scouting an area for the upcoming season.

Yes, he does. Just uses his lineman's belt to hang and remove the stand. And, that's a huge improvement from when we first started hunting together when I watched him climb a good size tree, with his stand hanging on his back and no linesman's belt. While hanging on the tree, he was actually able to take his stand off and hang it. When he was done, I told him that if we were going to hunt together he was going to have to get and use a lineman's belt. That was many years ago.

I enjoyed my time with him this morning scouting an area for the upcoming season.
That's funny stuff. I climbed for a very short time the same way. After that I took an old jump rope and tied loops in each end and just put my hands through the loops and held the rope. I could toss it around the back of the tree and flip it up with my wrists and climb very fast. Now I've graduated to the standard flipline attached to my saddle. I miss those days!!

Spurs with no LB. Lol. The safety police would stroke out!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
I've gotten pretty good with my spurs, but I can't imagine climbing without one! Just to have it to lean into when I'm stopped. I'm sure @huck72412 would dance around me with his spurs on though!

An old video to show Lloyd's style of climbing (after he started using a lineman's belt. This is part one of four clips, when we made a double kill.

Where can I find the other clips? Love this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Seals72, I've been recording my hunting seasons on video since 1991 and have over 200 clips on my YouTube channel. Since I live in a rural area most of the clips had to be loaded on dialup internet speed. During that period the content had to be edited to make uploading possible, and the quality suffered. This is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/user/whw103/videos?disable_polymer=1

Thank you Seals72, I've been recording my hunting seasons on video since 1991 and have over 200 clips on my YouTube channel. Since I live in a rural area most of the clips had to be loaded on dialup internet speed. During that period the content had to be edited to make uploading possible, and the quality suffered. This is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/user/whw103/videos?disable_polymer=1
Thank you Mr. Warren.

Welcome to the forums Mr. Womack. I ran across your journals on another site and spent many days reading them and watching videos.

Seems like I saw where you hunted the Homochitto? Or maybe I just came to that conclusion from reading your journals. I'm from north MS, but in-laws live in southwest MS so I spend a little time hunting down there each year.

Welcome to the forums Mr. Womack. I ran across your journals on another site and spent many days reading them and watching videos.

Seems like I saw where you hunted the Homochitto? Or maybe I just came to that conclusion from reading your journals. I'm from north MS, but in-laws live in southwest MS so I spend a little time hunting down there each year.

Thank you, I appreciate your interest. I've actually hunted in 12 states but most of my time has been invested in the deep south states. I started hunting in the Homochitto NF during the 80's. In fact I was hunting up there yesterday.

Back