• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Arkansas

AMRACS_Daddy

Good morning. New to the forum from Hot Springs, Arkansas. I found out about saddle hunting while browsing Youtube. I'm very intrigued and wondering if anyone else is in the area? I'd like to meet up and try it out to see if it's for me.

Hello and welcome. I’m from just outside of Mayflower. I’d be willing to help all I can. I’m a DIY guy that uses a SitDrag and climb with Primal Steps.

Hello and welcome. I’m from just outside of Mayflower. I’d be willing to help all I can. I’m a DIY guy that uses a SitDrag and climb with Primal Steps.
I was looking at that SitDrag DIY vid that can be found on Youtube. I have a buddy that I hunt with who has several tree stands in place, he's a normal bow hunter and I'm a lefty. So I thought that might be a good alternative to having to hang new tree stands for me. I could use his sticks, but I was thinking about trying the DRT method with just a platform in case I wanted to go sit in Winona for example. Might have to see about a trip out your way one day if you had time?

Good morning. New to the forum from Hot Springs, Arkansas. I found out about saddle hunting while browsing Youtube. I'm very intrigued and wondering if anyone else is in the area? I'd like to meet up and try it out to see if it's for me.

Come to think of it; I first found out about saddle hunting when I randomly came across a @Nutterbuster video about a ring of steps. After that I was hooked. Welcome to the site!

Hello from Spa City. PM sent. I'm available later this afternoon.

I was looking at that SitDrag DIY vid that can be found on Youtube. I have a buddy that I hunt with who has several tree stands in place, he's a normal bow hunter and I'm a lefty. So I thought that might be a good alternative to having to hang new tree stands for me. I could use his sticks, but I was thinking about trying the DRT method with just a platform in case I wanted to go sit in Winona for example. Might have to see about a trip out your way one day if you had time?
It’s a G2 style SitDrag, I’d be happy to show you the ropes... PUN intended

Welcome from another Arkansan. I am really new to this too but trying to jump in head first to be ready for this season. I have a Mantis that is supposed to be at my doorstep on Tuesday. Cant wait.

Welcome from another arkie! I'm in benton and hunt Winona and the national forest some.

@AMRACS_Daddy Central Arkansas Welcome.
I'm just down the interstate from @fbwguy, in Maumelle. I'm still a newbie, with just 1 year under my belt. However, willing to help in any way I can.

On your thought about saddle hunting, left-handed, out of your buddies lock-on. Would not recommend it at all unless it is one of your only options. Hunted that way some last year and did not like it at all. I used the lock-on platform which put me leaning, unless I stood on the platform. Posted about the experience, see YouTube link below, and another member recommended using the sit as your platform, which was much better on my feet and since there was no metal seat in the way you can place you knees against the tree or turn sideways.

Got my Little Brother into saddle hunting this year and he is going the DRT route for his climbing method. He is not a member but can send any questions you have his way.

My current setups are;
Saddle - Tethrd Mantis
Platform - Tethrd Predator Platform and Wild Edge Perch
Climbing Method - Wild Edge Step Ladder and Millennium aluminum hang-on climbing sticks.

@AMRACS_Daddy Central Arkansas Welcome.
I'm just down the interstate from @fbwguy, in Maumelle. I'm still a newbie, with just 1 year under my belt. However, willing to help in any way I can.

On your thought about saddle hunting, left-handed, out of your buddies lock-on. Would not recommend it at all unless it is one of your only options. Hunted that way some last year and did not like it at all. I used the lock-on platform which put me leaning, unless I stood on the platform. Posted about the experience, see YouTube link below, and another member recommended using the sit as your platform, which was much better on my feet and since there was no metal seat in the way you can place you knees against the tree or turn sideways.

Got my Little Brother into saddle hunting this year and he is going the DRT route for his climbing method. He is not a member but can send any questions you have his way.

My current setups are;
Saddle - Tethrd Mantis
Platform - Tethrd Predator Platform and Wild Edge Perch
Climbing Method - Wild Edge Step Ladder and Millennium aluminum hang-on climbing sticks.

I was only thinking of using his steps and putting a platform on the other side, or else finding a good enough limb to dance around on. We've got land we hunt off 128 and Danville Road. I'd like to be able to go do some in Winona sometime also. This is my first year bow hunting. Last year was my first year to kill a deer since I've lived in Arkansas (2011) so I'm pumped for this season and would like to try the saddle out maybe for next year or quite possibly this year if I can get it well enough. How does your brother like the DRT?

Back