• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Georgia

Swampdonkey47

Hi everyone , I'm Alan. I've searched , learned n continue to do so through the forums endless amount of information for a few months now and have been hooked. Holding some tags and chompin at the bit to get in the Mantis saddle (should be here any day now), has me stoked to try this method of hunting and will be a game changer for getting even deeper into the woods . Using a climber has been great but climbing with spurs or sticks is way more fun since I started practicing . Thanks all y'all for this awesome site .Hope the season has been good.

Last edited:
Hi everyone , I'm Alan. I've searched , learned n continue to do so through the forums endless amount of information for a few months now and have been hooked. Holding some tags and chompin at the bit to get in the Mantis saddle (should be here any day now), has me stoked to try this method of hunting and will be a game changer for getting even deeper into the woods . Using a climber has been great but climbing with spurs or sticks is way more fun since I started practicing . Thanks all y'all for this awesome site .Hope the season has been good.
Where are you in Georgia??

I'm in Atlanta now , I use to live in north in Jasper . About an hour or so out from most WMAs near me

I’m just south of Atlanta. I hunt Fulton County a lot. What county do you live in?

Welcome from Georgia. I know at least one person that hunts Fulton county. Between rock throwing metal detecting tresspassers and people like @huck72412 I don’t blame you for hunting farther north.

Welcome from Georgia. I know at least one person that hunts Fulton county. Between rock throwing metal detecting tresspassers and people like @huck72412 I don’t blame you for hunting farther north.

That happened to you? I just like going north because Im familiar with a few areas where I use to live. Fingers crossed no crazies yet

Thanks , I'm hoping to find more spots down here in Fulton .Only been to one . Not many public areas around.
I have some stuff along the Chattahoochee River on the north side of the county . Unfortunately it is becoming very popular to hunt the suburban deer so I am encountering increasing pressure from other hunters in my best places. Luckily I have several places in south Fulton also.

I use to ride motorcycles near the hooch . Those river bucks have almost taken me out a few times.

Back