• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Guyton, Georgia

Just_Hangin_N_GA

SH Member
Hello everyone, my name is Alan “Dale” Mixon. I am 53 years old and live in Guyton, GA-about 25 miles North of Savannah, GA. I have been married to my Middle School Sweetheart for 32 years, 3 wonderful children that are all married to great spouses and a 10 month old bundle of joy granddaughter- I can’t wait to get her first bow and have her in a tree with me :)

After admiring from a distance for a couple years, I finally took the plunge and joined the SH community. I have had the pleasure of bow hunting with Rusty Thompson and Chris Ward over the past 3 seasons. They are some good old Georgia boys that have been great mentors and advocates of saddle hunting… which they have been saddle hunting forever. Well it finally rubbed off on me and last year was my first year of SH with my John Eberhart signature saddle. I had the most enjoyable season hanging in the trees than I ever did from a climber or lock-on. I am really interested in learning all the safety aspects of SH and will be asking a lot of questions. I wish everyone a safe and successful hunting season. I am so pumped to be part of this growing community!!!

Welcome from Central Illinois! I also seek the safest practices. It may slow me down a bit but allows me to continue my favorite pastime of bowhunting well into my "autumn years".

Welcome from Fitzgerald GA.
Thanks Eric, I really have learned a great deal from the Tethrd Nation this past year and made all my purchases from ya'll. I probably need to come visit you one day and just give you a copy of my credit card. Seriously, thanks for all the great information being shared between the two groups.

Thanks Eric, I really have learned a great deal from the Tethrd Nation this past year and made all my purchases from ya'll. I probably need to come visit you one day and just give you a copy of my credit card. Seriously, thanks for all the great information being shared between the two groups.
Glad you’re loving it. You’re free to visit me. I would be happy to hold onto your credit card but in full disclosure I’m just a guy that is fortunate enough that I occasionally get a phone call saying there’s a package on the way and let them know what I think about it. Just one of the many ways I’ve Ben blessed by this community.

Welcome from Wisconsin.

This is my first year in a saddle. Looking forward to me first sit / hunt.
There is nothing like it or at least that I have experienced in all the years of hunting. Just wish I would have listened and made the change sooner.
I know you will enjoy it, have a great season and stay safe!!

Back