• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Indiana

sweats

So I've been mostly lurking here for a few weeks and reading lots of threads. Today I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Kestrel. I got the kit that comes with a lineman's belt and tree strap.

I hunt mostly Southern Indiana on private land and am tired of fighting heavy ladder stands in and out as I don't have an ATV. I am also tired of not being as mobile as I'd like if the deer were traveling different areas.

When I was researching possible options, I came across tree saddles and eventually found this site. Now just to wait for shipping, pick a climbing method, and practice a lot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard.
I have been in my kestrel a bunch today. Using it to trim some trees. It is perfect for this with a few adjustments.

If only you knew what you have gotten yourself into. Not only will your time be spent hunting but also tinkering on new and better/worse ways to use your saddle setup. Welcome to the forum and the world of saddle hunting.

Back