• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Iowa

Andovirus

Hello everyone,
A neophyte bow hunter here, just got my kestrel today and plan on doing some practice this week before I head out and go live. Got my steppladder practice in whilst waiting on the saddle. Can’t wait to go live! Hope to get a couple so I don’t have to freeze for gun season! Thanks for this forum it really helped figure out what kit to go with.

Hello everyone,
A neophyte bow hunter here, just got my kestrel today and plan on doing some practice this week before I head out and go live. Got my steppladder practice in whilst waiting on the saddle. Can’t wait to go live! Hope to get a couple so I don’t have to freeze for gun season! Thanks for this forum it really helped figure out what kit to go with.
Good luck, Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site! There is an amazing amount of knowledge amassed here!

What part of the state are you in? I'm in central Iowa.

Welcome to the site! There is an amazing amount of knowledge amassed here!

What part of the state are you in? I'm in central Iowa.
Over in Davenport. Got to try out the kestrel yesterday and work with my stepps. Learned a lot in 5 hours. All the tips helped as well.

Back