• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from MA

NewHntr

Hi all, new hunter coming into it later in life. Something I've wanted to get into for awhile but never had the chance. Started last season and was unsuccessful, but already excited for this coming one. Love the idea of the mobility of the saddle, especially since I'm on public land all the time. Been poking around for a while and have learned alot, can't wait to actually try some of this stuff out.

Welcome from North Carolina. I’m a late starter myself and enjoy every minute in the woods.

Congratulations and welcome from northern mass

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Hey kurt i didnt know you were from belchertown. Whadaya think. Quabbin gonna open? Been fishin gate 8 45 yrs

Wife is from Agawam (family all still lives there) and her aunt lives in West Springfield. Got out that way a decent amount before all this happened. Nice to see a good amount of MA guys around. Any tips for hunting in the state (secret spots you want to post on the internet )?

Welcome to the best forum out there . Drslyr has good very advice as a rule. Eastern Ma is a tough place for public land hunters unless you can get into an area no one else wants to hunt, then its game on bro. I started learning how to shoot a bow at 60 and first bow deer at 62. Never too late.Welcome

Welcome from near by state Rhode Island. What part of MA maybe we can link up as I too am a later in life just starting out saddle hunter as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hi all, new hunter coming into it later in life. Something I've wanted to get into for awhile but never had the chance. Started last season and was unsuccessful, but already excited for this coming one. Love the idea of the mobility of the saddle, especially since I'm on public land all the time. Been poking around for a while and have learned alot, can't wait to actually try some of this stuff out.
Welcome from Iowa, nothing like being in the woods on a cool crisp fall day. Good luck this upcoming season!

Thanks everyone. Trueblood I'm in central MA, right outside Worcester. Definitely willing to meeting up sometime. Was hoping to get out for the MA meet up but not sure if that's going to happen at this point.

Welcome from near by state Rhode Island. What part of MA maybe we can link up as I too am a later in life just starting out saddle hunter as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Are you planning on being at the saddlepalooza event in April. I will be there with a few of my hacks and tricks for older folks new to saddle hunting. It`s a great time.Lots to do and great people.

I was going to try. Just to clarify too, I think later in life might be relative. I meant more that I didn't start with my dad when I was 8 or anything like that. I'm only 36 so hopefully don't qualify as older folks yet (although my body disagrees sometimes). Either way I'm up for learning any hacks and tricks regardless of the age they're targeted at. I pretty much know nothing about saddle hunting or hunting in general and definitely looking to correct that.

Hey bud I’m in southern NH and also became a hunter later in life. I Always had a burning passion to bow hunt even though I had no hunting influence as a child.

it is an amazing time to be a new hunter. You have advantages that many folks on here didn’t have, you have us on this forum, the hunting Beast and a ton of great content on YouTube - The Hunting Public is education GOLD!!

welcome and learn to enjoy the struggle. That’s the fun part.

Back