• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Maine

j3hunt

I joined this sight a couple of weeks ago and never stopped in to say hello. I lived in south Florida for 13 years and moved back home to Maine in Feb. 2013. I have been saddle hunting for about 12 years. Started with a treesuit and have used the Guidos web also. I have not yet got into the newtribe stuff . I currently use a neoprene realtree saddle with muddy sticks and Stepp ladder steps. Looking foward to swapping ideas and its great to see all the innovations that have come from this style of hunting. I have read all of the Eberharts books and watched all of Boudreauxs videos. Great job guys. Keep up the good work. Red squrrel, Thanks for the the site.

John

What?! I thought I was the ONLY saddle hunter in Maine!!!! Not only that, but you've been saddle hunting longer than me! I guess I've lost all credibility now...

Just kidding. Welcome aboard, John. I live in Portland. How about you?

-Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew13 said:
What?! I thought I was the ONLY saddle hunter in Maine!!!! Not only that, but you've been saddle hunting longer than me! I guess I've lost all credibility now...

Just kidding. Welcome aboard, John. I live in Portland. How about you?

-Andrew

Yah, I switched to saddle style hunting while in Florida because it was so freaking hot! Where are you located in Maine? I am in the Auburn area.

I live in Portland, typically bowhunt in the expanded archery zone in Greater Portland towns.

Nice... How has you season been so far? I got one doe in sept. And could have taken 3 or 4 more. Holding for a buck right now.

j3hunt said:
Nice... How has you season been so far? I got one doe in sept. And could have taken 3 or 4 more. Holding for a buck right now.

Been a tough season for me so far.... Didn't hunt much as I was planning to go on a week-long bowhunting trip to NY, but then I had to cancel at the last minute due to a death in my family.

The last two times I went to sit in one of my local stands, someone else beat me to the area and I had to back out. That stand is usually pretty good in October so I feel like I missed a couple of good sits.

Now gun season is open so everything has changed.... Sheesh. You're probably sorry you asked!!! ;)

Need to get some meat in the freezer!!!

I hear ya... Hang in there.... It will all work out in the end. Just keep at it!

j3hunt said:
Nice... How has you season been so far?

Been a tough season for me so far.... Didn't hunt much as I was planning to go on a week-long bowhunting trip to NY, but then I had to cancel at the last minute due to a death in my family.

The last two times I went to sit in one of my local stands, someone else beat me to the area and I had to back out. That stand is usually pretty good in October so I feel like I missed a couple of good sits.

Now gun season is open so everything has changed.... Sheesh. You're probably sorry you asked!!! ;)

j3hunt said:
Nice... How has you season been so far?

Funny....I'm originally from Tampa, Florida, but just spent 7 of the last 8 years in Rockland, ME. I moved to Charlotte, NC about a year ago. I was never very successful hunting Expanded Archery in the Camden region....but hunting in my own "backyard" was nice :lol: Cheers, Kirk

Back