• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Michigan!

d_rek

I've posted in one of the other boards already, but figured i'd drop a friendly, "Hello!" from SE Michigan (Near Pt. Huron).

I've been hunting whitetail for 5 years. My Dad begged and pleaded with me to go upto Deer camp one year for rifle season, so I took the plunge, bought a shotgun and have been addicted ever since. I've been bowhunting for 3 seasons now, and the previous two I used hang-on stands, pop-up ground blinds, and a tree climber.

I read the Eberhart's "Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails" two seasons ago and have wanted a saddle ever since. Well finally, the weekend before bow opener, I was actually able to connect with an old acquaintance of Mr. Eberhart's who was selling their barely used Trophyline Stealth Saddle TS9. I've been practicing in it every day since I had it, and i'm getting in some climbing sticks today. So far i've found the saddle very easy to use and very comfortable. Shooting is from it is quickly becoming second nature, although i'm itching to shoot elevated (although I do have plenty of experience doing that already - a pole barn and extension ladder are great for this lol!) while in a saddle.

If anyone is in the area and wants to connect, feel free to PM me.

regards,
d_rek

P.S.
On a side note my day job is as a graphic designer, and I work with industrial designers and engineers too. If anyone needs any design work or design consultation for a product or an idea for a product you have, either myself or my company would be happy to help. Personally, I see a lot of opportunity for design to improve hunting products and for new products to fill gaps in the market (ie: the tree platform problem for saddle hunters.). If you want to connect on a professional level PM me and we can take it from there.

Welcome again! :D

d_rek said:
P.S.
On a side note my day job is as a graphic designer, and I work with industrial designers and engineers too. If anyone needs any design work or design consultation for a product or an idea for a product you have, either myself or my company would be happy to help. Personally, I see a lot of opportunity for design to improve hunting products and for new products to fill gaps in the market (ie: the tree platform problem for saddle hunters.). If you want to connect on a professional level PM me and we can take it from there.
This is great info and I'm glad you let us know! As you have probably seen, we are never happy with anything that is already out there and constantly tinkering. It will be great to have you as a resource :D

Back