• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Michigan

Ambush32

Great site, lots of good info here...
Been hunting from a saddle for about 7 yrs....John Eberhart whom in my opinion is one of the best whitetail bow hunters pound for pound helped me tremendously on my change over from tree stand hunting into saddle hunting.

Modified TL saddle
Modified Anderson sling work in progress

Thanks go out to the owner of the site....

Hello from Michigan also!

I'm located in St. Clair County, near Pt. Huron. But traverse the whole SE side along with a few annual trips 'up north' near Gaylord, Lewiston, and Mio areas.

I briefly exchanged email with John E. earlier this year when I first tried out my trophyline saddle. I've since upgraded to a new tribe aero hunter. If you're ever interested in trying it out i'd be happy to meet up and demo it.

On the subject of Anderson Tree Slings I found a thread on Archerytalk.com discussing Rock Climbing Harnesses (RCH) being used as fall arrest harnesses. A couple of users suggested this harness: http://mistymountain.com/military-tactical/milroc-harness.html

I guess the big difference is that a RCH is not meant for all day comfort. But for those looking for a lightweight setup this might be the way to go...

Hello d_rek thanks for the reply

I'm from the GR area, most of my hunting is done south of, around Barry county, Hastings, Dowling and into the Battle Creek area...Thanks for the demo offer, my friend actually has the New Tribe I have had an opportunity to try it out I can say it is comfortable but I like a more compact saddle or sling, after using the TL for years really have no issues with comfort I think you learn how to find your sweet spots for comfort and also how to set it up for any tree rather it be a straight tree or leaning, I had my lead strap modified so I can hang from a bolt or tscrew which anables me to hunt any size tree..
As for the Anderson sling am doing the same just haven't had much time in it and trying to figure out the sweet spot for comfort may take a season which is worth it as I love the compact size and having less restrictions for moving around the tree for the shot.....

Thanks again

Ambush32 said:
Great site, lots of good info here...
Been hunting from a saddle for about 7 yrs....John Eberhart whom in my opinion is one of the best whitetail bow hunters pound for pound helped me tremendously on my change over from tree stand hunting into saddle hunting.

Modified TL saddle
Modified Anderson sling work in progress

Thanks go out to the owner of the site....

Welcome to the site! :D

Back