• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Missouri

Orion5

I just wanted to to take a moment to say hello from here in Missouri. I was indoctrinated into hunting just a couple years ago and it has been my obsession since. I am currently hunting on some public land not too far from the house, which is nice. I’ve been using a climber but 22 lbs gets heavy after walking in 1-2 miles to find some seclusion. I happened to hear about saddles while listening to some podcasts and it sounded like a potential new and lighter method that might work out well. I’m sure that I’ll have a ton of questions since this is the first I’ve heard of it. Anyway, thanks for having me here. Seems to be a lot of good information and experience floating around this forum. And please excuse in advance my lack in forum eddicate as I am new to that as well

Thanks for the welcome and spelling etiquette properly. I gave up when autocorrect didn’t have any clue what I was typing

Thanks for the welcome and spelling etiquette properly. I gave up when autocorrect didn’t have any clue what I was typing
Lmao. I didn't notice that yours was spelled incorrectly or correctly either way. I just got lucky when I voice text and autocorrect spelled it for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks redsquirrel! I am really enjoying your forum. Digging through all this good information and learning a lot. I’m thinking saddle hunting may be in my future, if I can figure out a climbing method.

Thanks redsquirrel! I am really enjoying your forum. Digging through all this good information and learning a lot. I’m thinking saddle hunting may be in my future, if I can figure out a climbing method.
Thanks!
Lot's of climbing methods on here. You should be able to find one that suits you!

Welcome! Your obsession will soon be stronger!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Not sure that’s possible as hunting is on my mind every waking moment, the battery on my phone needs recharging due to constant pod cast listening and hunting research, and my hunting “tips” notebook is rapidly filling. But I am game for becoming more obsessed! Only 29 days, 8 hours and 28 minutes until opening day!!!

Welcome from Northwest Wisconsin!! Hunted Northwest Missouri last year a bunch, and I will be there again after the home state deer gets to the freezer. Good luck with your season!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks. And good luck to you as well. Stay warm. I hear it’s gets mighty chilly up there in Wisconsin! Burrrrrr

Not sure that’s possible as hunting is on my mind every waking moment, the battery on my phone needs recharging due to constant pod cast listening and hunting research, and my hunting “tips” notebook is rapidly filling. But I am game for becoming more obsessed! Only 29 days, 8 hours and 28 minutes until opening day!!!
Oh itll happen. Before you know it you will own a speedy stitcher, vintage thread injector, and bulk reels of amsteel. All in pursuit of that next opportunity to kill a critter!

Oh itll happen. Before you know it you will own a speedy stitcher, vintage thread injector, and bulk reels of amsteel. All in pursuit of that next opportunity to kill a critter!

You’re probably right about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Arkansas, good to have ya, nieghbor

Thanks. I travel to Arkansas quite a bit for my job and actually might get a chance to hunt down there on a friends property near Texarkana if my schedule permits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back