• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Ms

swampsnyper

Been looking at saddles for a few years now. Still haven't bit the bullet, but always find myself looking at them again. I've been strictly bowhunting the last 10 seasons with the last 3 strictly Tradbow with the exception of taking my compound once in Oct on that 1st year and killing a doe and realizing right then I was ready for the next step and never looked back. I hunt mostly public land with a lone wolf assault. If I'm not doing that, I'm with my kids trying to get them one. Found this sight google searching saddle info. Looks like a great place. Maybe I can be a full blooded member one day. It's just hard to take that plunge with something I never put my hands on being unlike anything I ever tried. We'll see. Maybe I'll make friends with someone near by who has one and I can work up my courage.

Saddle has its pros and cons I find myself day dreaming about hanging from a tree in one. I knew right away I had to get away from heavy "mobile" climbers and I found a used saddle at a reasonable price. Unfortunately the used market for saddles is pretty dry and with the extortion pricing you might as well buy new and get more safety and comfort for your buck. I know mine wasn't an impulse I too spent a lot of time researching, watching videos, reading tons of comment and feedback on other forums before I finally took the plunge.

Is it the "perfect" system for hunting? No but then again nothing is. I feel the benefits of the saddle far outweigh the negatives.

Like I said mine want an impulse buy and I ended up offloading a bunch of gear to buy my first saddle, which I then sold to finance my new tribe aero hunter evolution.

Needless to say I'm very excited about the mobility and flexibility this system offers.

Hopefully you can connect with someone in your area if not I'm sure new tribe or another forum member would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I registered here with tap talk last night. Went on my laptop to log in and can't. Username or password won't work. I'm still on with tap talk but not so great with it. What can I do? I'm afraid I hit the wrong letter using my phone entering a password at registration.

swampsnyper said:
I registered here with tap talk last night. Went on my laptop to log in and can't. Username or password won't work. I'm still on with tap talk but not so great with it. What can I do? I'm afraid I hit the wrong letter using my phone entering a password at registration.

I just sent you an email.

It worked! Thanks.

Just got finished hanging and shooting a few rounds out of my rock climbing harness to see how I liked it. I think it may be for me. My elbow would hit my tree strap or the strap would be too close to my face shooting 10-11 oclock and I couldn't draw. Will that be something the aero hunter will solve or something you just work around?

swampsnyper said:
It worked! Thanks.

Just got finished hanging and shooting a few rounds out of my rock climbing harness to see how I liked it. I think it may be for me. My elbow would hit my tree strap or the strap would be too close to my face shooting 10-11 oclock and I couldn't draw. Will that be something the aero hunter will solve or something you just work around?
Glad it worked!

I'm assuming you are hooking up to a single point on the rock climbing harness? If you had a saddle made for hunting you would have a bridge in the front where the tree strap would hook up to. In the aero hunter the length of this can be adjusted. That should solve your problems.

I spent my first season without a stand last year. First, I hunted out of a safety harness. Then I read a book and discovered this world of other people who,like me, wanted something different and used saddles. That's when I broke out the rock climbing harness and hunted the rest of the season. I bought a new tribe saddle once deer season was over and I've been trying to spend as much time in it as possible. So far, I love it. So, it's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Everyone here is very helpful and there's a ton of great info to be read and shared . I'm certainly glad I found this site, maybe you will be too.

Welcome! Last year was my first year using the Evolution and the first time I ever sat in a saddle was when mine arrived at the house. With that said; the first 8 to 10 hunts were absolutely miserable. Literally, I would have sold it you for $200.00 if you had come by when I was walking out of the woods. Now I absolutely love it and can't imagine hunting with out it. While it's not perfect it's pretty darn good! Two things I noticed when I started hunting out of a saddle; First, I rarely get "busted" anymore when I am in close range. I still play the wind, but I almost never get noticed when a deer is close. Second, is the ability to maneuver around the tree to see around other bushes etc....... If that makes sense. You now have the ability to see a deer behind a clump of bushes and by moving forward and around the tree you can often times see if it is a buck, how big, which direction it's feeding etc...... From a "standard" stand you can't do that. It also allows you to position your self for the best shot if the deer isn't doing what you thought.

Check Tradgang and a few of the other sites and you may find someone close enough to you to let you try one out.

Back