• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Northern Virginia, DC

SilkOverIron

Hi everybody,

I've not yet pulled the trigger on a saddle purchase, but I will most likely do so within a week. I'm quite new to the saddle concept as I've been using climbers and stands. I hunt urban/suburban 95% of the time, and I'm looking for a way to ditch my cumbersome climber, and get up trees that I previously couldn't.

I could use some help on deciding what system to buy, as I'll make my DYI moves further down the road, when I've learned the bulk of saddle systems.

I'm looking forward to interacting with you all.
Many thanks for having me.

SilkOverIron

Welcome from Midlothian.

Don’t do it. You will get sucked down the rabbit hole. LOL

A great bunch of people here on the forum.

Welcome, from Herndon, VA. I don't think I knew we had so many Saddle Hunters in NOVA, we might have to get together! I also hunt the Urban Archery programs. @putt4doe is a bigtime NOVA hunter who does the Suburban Whitetails, I think that's the right name, lol.

Welcome, from Herndon, VA. I don't think I knew we had so many Saddle Hunters in NOVA, we might have to get together! I also hunt the Urban Archery programs. @putt4doe is a bigtime NOVA hunter who does the Suburban Whitetails, I think that's the right name, lol.

As do I. Let’s try and do a meet. Maybe I can convince The Godfather of urban saddle hunting to join us....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up playing baseball/football/basketball at Wakefield /Mason District in Annandale, seen a few GIANTS after night games in both parks. Theres a baseball field called Micklewright right off of 236 that has them also. Its part of the urban archery season, never tried to get in on them though, figured the spots were already claimed.

I grew up playing baseball/football/basketball at Wakefield /Mason District in Annandale, seen a few GIANTS after night games in both parks. Theres a baseball field called Micklewright right off of 236 that has them also. Its part of the urban archery season, never tried to get in on them though, figured the spots were already claimed.

Shot my widest 10 pointer from my saddle in Wakefield several years back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm always down to hangout!! Maybe we meet and do a little 3d shoot at norva?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Don't let him fool you. He's having (had?) a baby. He doesn't have time to hang out anymore!!

Back