• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Western Missouri

KartShot

Hey guys! My name's Alex. I'm from the Kansas City area in Missouri. I have been lurking the forumn the past couple of weeks and think I want to give saddle hunting a try. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to try out gear wise. So far I have a LW handclimber and LW alpha hang on with 4 LW sticks. I also have a tree hopper drill bit I can use. I am considering getting a sit drag and using the LW sticks to climb. Still haven't figured out what I will do for a platform, how to pack everything and the actual method of getting completely set up in the tree. But, reading all the different methoss and clever ideas you have all come up with really has me excited to give saddle hunting a try.

Hi, KartShot

I live up north in Platte County. I'm new to this too, but I got half a season under my belt with my new Kestrel. If you want to try it out sometime, let me know. I have some muddy pros and an ameristep platform you can check out, too.

Hey guys! My name's Alex. I'm from the Kansas City area in Missouri. I have been lurking the forumn the past couple of weeks and think I want to give saddle hunting a try. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to try out gear wise. So far I have a LW handclimber and LW alpha hang on with 4 LW sticks. I also have a tree hopper drill bit I can use. I am considering getting a sit drag and using the LW sticks to climb. Still haven't figured out what I will do for a platform, how to pack everything and the actual method of getting completely set up in the tree. But, reading all the different methoss and clever ideas you have all come up with really has me excited to give saddle hunting a try.[/QUOTE
Welcome to the site, if you’ve been checking things, then you already know there’s great guys & a ton of information here! I grew up in kc area, still come back to turkey hunt every spring.

Hi, KartShot

I live up north in Platte County. I'm new to this too, but I got half a season under my belt with my new Kestrel. If you want to try it out sometime, let me know. I have some muddy pros and an ameristep platform you can check out, too.
If I can make it up to Platte County sometime I may have to take you up on that offer.

Back