• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help for a noob please

Bear foot bowhunter

Hi guys im from Australia newly maried and would love to add a light inexpensive sadel to my arsenal . can i use or modify a climing harness or sadel? What would i be able to make myself to save on cost but still be safe ? Any help would be apreciated

Hello, and welcome! I would suggest searching the site for "fleece" saddle and "modified sitdrag" both are used in conjunction with a RCH and if you are looking to modify/make something to get into it with a RCH they are both great options.

Thanks mate . sorry for the ignorant question . what is rch?

Welcome to the forum! RCH is an abbreviation for Rock Climbing Harness, it’s the most minimal harness to use in conjunction with any type of diy or saddle type device that isn’t designed to be used off the ground, such as a sit drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys . would a rch with a ruberised canvise seat work ? Somthing like this or would i still need a sit drag ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-06-08-27-12.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-06-08-27-12.png
    762.8 KB · Views: 4
Thanks guys . would a rch with a ruberised canvise seat work ? Somthing like this or would i still need a sit drag ?

I've never tried anything like that but, I can't imagine it would work well. The single connection point/lack of a bridge is just one reason I don't think it would be comfortable. Plus, there are cheaper options that have been proven to be comfortable. You can buy a lightweight RCH for $50 and a sit drag for $40. Or my personal favorite, make a fleece saddle for about $6 and pair that with a lightweight RCH.

The RCH would be a tad bit uncomfortable for long sits. Paired with a sit drag or the fleece it increases the comfort level as your body has a bit more material for support.

Welcome to the site and what part of Oz are you from? Been there twice and got married up in Cairns. One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The RCH would be a tad bit uncomfortable for long sits. Paired with a sit drag or the fleece it increases the comfort level as your body has a bit more material for support.

Welcome to the site and what part of Oz are you from? Been there twice and got married up in Cairns. One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

from south east qld . my brother use to live in Cairns love that place

Back