• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HELP!!! How to fix stinky rubber hunting boots

I have a small cheapo ozone machine from Amazon to get the initial odor out. From there on out I put bulk carbon in pantyhose tied on each end down each boot when I'm done hunting. Here's a couple examples: Bulk carbon, Ozone machines. The carbon is coarse ground so a ninja or coffee grinder helps to break it down for more surface area for odors to cling to.

I have a small cheapo ozone machine from Amazon to get the initial odor out. From there on out I put bulk carbon in pantyhose tied on each end down each boot when I'm done hunting. Here's a couple examples: Bulk carbon, Ozone machines. The carbon is coarse ground so a ninja or coffee grinder helps to break it down for more surface area for odors to cling to.
THANKS

Boot dryer and sprinkle baking soda in them. I dry the inside of my boots after every hunt especially in hot weather. Never have a problem with smell.

Last edited:
Fill some pantyhose up with charcoal. Insert them in the boots and leave in them whenever your not wearing them. It will take about a week for the smell to neutralize

Ozone for the win here. I put my work boots in after a summer of sweat they tend to get a little nasty smelling and the ozone does the trick

I’ve used activated charcoal, I just sprinkle a bit in the boot and shake for a bit. Then just dump out any residue. Yes it will leave your feet black for a bit but your boots won’t smell at all.

Boot dryer and if that doesn't work throw them out! I had a pair I got from Cabelas and they were made out of what looked like wetsuit material. They were supposed to be insulated but all I did was sweat and freeze in them. To top it off they were Frankenstein heavy ! I am waiting on a pair of insulated Rocky all leather boot .

Back