• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help ID this Pocket Knife

Torrent

Vendor Rep
So, I picked this knife up at an estate sale and can't find out any about it. It's about 12" overall and has a carbon steel blade. All it says anywhere on the knife is "LL Bean". They don't make their own so knives marked with their name come from other makers.

Have any of you gents ever saw one of these?
998fb03e947d8ef590d55e5c7f304d63.jpg
ce463e621a7b99e58281c6539cc3c151.jpg
d385a2c3548e9b50a8750637cc29fe4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It looks like it might be their "Trout Knife" but I'm not sure at all. If so, it may have been made by Case Knives. Huge random guesses based on not much but old age and half truth recollections. They also had a "Bird Knife" I believe or maybe they called it an "Upland" but again, not an expert.

Not exactly the same as an opinel, missing the grind at the top of the blade

It looks like this knife had a hard life, the pins look beat up and the folding end of the knife extending past the wood males me think it used to have metal caps on the ends of the handles. Perhaps it's one of their old "double l" knives?

Back