• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help in Indy

youvegothatright

Hi,
Fellow Aero Hunters
Need one one lesson
For my new AeroHunter
I live in Indianapolis and I'm more than happy to pay for a lesson
Thanks
Don

What model do you have and what are you hoping to learn?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good morning
It's the aero hunter from newtribe. Bought brand new from Arbor?
I was hoping to be able to actually meet with someone who uses the system and actually get a lesson. Yes I've watched some vids,but a live seminar would be best.

Would've been glad to meet up and show you the ropes when I lived in Bloomington, I actually taught tree climbing there and worked installing zip-lines in Brown Co., but I have since moved. I sure someone in the area we'll be willing to meet up with you, have you tried PMing folks located near you on the saddlehunter map?

I live near Indianapolis, but I don't know anything unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Would've been glad to meet up and show you the ropes when I lived in Bloomington, I actually taught tree climbing there and worked installing zip-lines in Brown Co., but I have since moved. I sure someone in the area we'll be willing to meet up with you, have you tried PMing folks located near you on the saddlehunter map?
Rabid
Thank you for your help.
Please let me know if you find someone.
There must be more saddle hunters in the area.
Don

How goes it?
Have you tried calling archery shops or sportsman's clubs? Perhaps a rock climbing instructor could adapt a lesson for you?

YGTR - I was nervous my first few times as well. I had a handful of trips up in a climbing tree stand and I was totally changing what little I knew about hunting.

Since you're having trouble finding someone close by to show you, I suggest trying things at ground level. That's what I did. You didn't mention your climbing method, but I went with WE Stepps. Put one on the tree and hooked in with lineman's belt. Transitioned to tether. Sat a bit. Moved around the tree. Transitioned back to lineman's. Hung another Stepp. Climbed up. Transitioned to tether. Repeat. This was all with a modified Sit Drag (waist belt, Amsteel bridge) while I waited on my Mantis.

You're going to have to practice to get used to your gear, figure out where things need to go in your pockets, pouches, etc. Stay close to the ground while you build up faith in your gear and your skills. Just get out there in the backyard and do it.

I live about 75 miles north of Indy up US31. If there are some people that want to get together sometine I would ve glad to lend a hand. Ive been hunting out of a saddle for several years. Used a trophy line tree saddle up till this year now I hunt out of a Kestrel. I go to Richmond few times a month other than that Im in the Warsaw area.

Back