• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help me turn this climbing stand into platform

Hunter260

Picked up a free climbing stand seat today, planning on using it as a preset platform. What’s he easiest and best way to do that you think?6BAEADFF-3247-4AD2-BB5F-69FD01110979.jpeg

Set bolts in the tree, get it to the height you want. Pull it up with a rope and set it into place. Put a ratchet strap around the tree locking the platform to the tree. That way the off balance switch from the bolts to the stand doesn't get squirrelly. I picked up a heavy climber today from Craigslist. I am going to do the same thing. Set bolts to height and then set the climber and ratchet strap to the tree for the season. Climbing preset bolts is way quieter than a climber up the tree.

Picked up a free climbing stand seat today, planning on using it as a preset platform. What’s he easiest and best way to do that you think?View attachment 68544
Leave the way it is, and put in place where you want it. Put a hole in each corner on the platform big enough to put a ratchet strap hook in and catch that tubing frame and ratchet to the tree. Should hold securely without shifting and you also have a place to place your feet to adjust comfort. Good luck.

Looks good as-is. I'd add a ratchet strap or something to keep it from wriggling around.

You maybe going to add foot loops and climb with it?

Back