• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help me unstick these sticks

aclawrence

Hey guys do any of y’all have this issue.

Update with results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Man I haven’t even thought of that. Usually there’s a simple solution to stuff you just have to get someone else to find it for you. I’ll update with results.

I have these but have not put them to use yet. I think olive or any plant base cooking oil would help. Even silicone spray.

For the popping noise maybe drill a small hole in the side of the rubber. May reducenor eliminate the sound all together as there will be no suction.

I'll have to dig these up and give a try and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Drilling the hole is a good idea. I'd put a little Vaseline on the male end to see if that helps any. Another thing you might try is filing or sanding the largest diameter of the male stud to decrease the overall diameter a little bit.

Drilling the hole is a good idea. I'd put a little Vaseline on the male end to see if that helps any. Another thing you might try is filing or sanding the largest diameter of the male stud to decrease the overall diameter a little bit.
Good idea, sanding the male peg with coarse paper will also allow grooves to help break suction

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will be trying these ideas out tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

I was thinking about adding these to my Gen 1 Heliums but the ball bungee cords they came with work so well, I just can't justify getting the suction cups. The olive/vegetable oil sounds good to start and then sanding/drilling if necessary. Stay away from Vaseline if those suction cups are rubber.

Update video added to the original post. Thanks everyone.

Be careful you don't get any grease on the top of your steps.

f970c4880bffd365ea783d283df1012b.jpg

I had some success with my quieter stick set up. They are so much easier to use now.

Buck 1: Do you smell that?
Buck 2: Yea. What is it?
Buck 1: I think it smells like French Fries!
Buck 2: Let’s go look!

Or just wait. Within a few uses they will break and you won’t really miss them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Buck 1: Do you smell that?
Buck 2: Yea. What is it?
Buck 1: I think it smells like French Fries!
Buck 2: Let’s go look!

I had a bear bait pile like that once when I lived the UP. I was fishing buddies with the guy that owned the local McDonalds and he had his crew saving the stuff that sat too long for me to use as bait. I was picking up about 5 gallons of McDonalds stuff a day. If you got within 75 yds of my pile you'd swear there was a Mcdonalds in the middle of the swamp. Funny thing was that the bear would paw thru all that sausage and hamburgers to eat the bisquits.

Some great ideas. I have these on my Heliums, but I only used one set and I put them in the middle. Having the suction cups on top and bottom is overkill and unneccessary weight.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some great ideas. I have these on my Heliums, but I only used one set and I put them in the middle. Having the suction cups on top and bottom is overkill and unneccessary weight.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Do you use any kind of strap to keep them straight or from banging into each other? With the two sets they don’t move in any direction.

I have the originals that I put the Versa Button rope mod on and Stealth Strips. With the ropes and the ball bungees that came with it I could thing of an quieter easier setup. I only carry 3 sticks and with what ever platform I use gets me high enough for most of the spots I hunt. In my opinion the way to fix it would be to take the cups off.

Back