• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Herb for lyme

I suffered with Lyme for over 3 years, did orals Amoxicillin and Doxycycline, they helped at first but the symptoms always came back. Finally found a good doctor that ordered a picc line and 30 days of infusing Rocephin, that made me better. Find a good doctor, so many know very little about this disease.

Last edited:
I've read that Lyme disease can mimic over 300 other diseases.
A few years ago there was a lady on a Fox News interview speaking about her husband who was diagnosed with ALS. He was confined to a wheel chair for years. They went on to discover that he had Lyme and not ALS.
Its one of the most mis-diagnosed diseases.

I wonder if I would be beneficial to start talking some of these herbal supplements mentioned almost like a preventative maintenance. I haven't had a tick since discovering permethrin but from the articles sounds like could help balance out the body and also help if bitten by infected tick

Japanese knotweed is extremely effective against Lyme. But be careful if you try to grow it, it spreads like wildfire and will root thru foundations. There are some insurance companies that will not insure your property if it’s know that it exists there. But it is a powerful herb

Our creeks up here in NE PA are overrun with knotweed, so this would be excellent news if it is confirmed in tests on humans. Having gone through two rounds of Doxycycline I’d much prefer a natural remedy especially if it’s made from an invasive. Does anyone have experience taking it, and how do you prepare it?

I wonder if I would be beneficial to start talking some of these herbal supplements mentioned almost like a preventative maintenance. I haven't had a tick since discovering permethrin but from the articles sounds like could help balance out the body and also help if bitten by infected tick
Curious, how are you applying the permethrin. I stared using it last year. I put a few oz, in a spray bottle with water. I have only been spraying my boots. I still get a few ticks on my neck sometimes.

Currently using premix and just spray with spray bottle. When I run out I was gonna try the concentrate with a pump up sprayer. I hang the clothes on the clothesline and spray and dry. Fold and store clothes.

Curious, how are you applying the permethrin. I stared using it last year. I put a few oz, in a spray bottle with water. I have only been spraying my boots. I still get a few ticks on my neck sometimes.
Spraying boots only is not enough. At a minimum, pants need sprayed, too. But I do my coat, too. Just the outer layers. It can be sprayed on clothes or you can also dunk clothes in a bucket of solution.
Possibly the best thing is to wear clothes with the permanent treatment.
Insect Shield is one brand that sells clothes with a "lifetime" treatment...good for ~70 launderings.
Insect Shield will also treat YOUR clothes. Ship your favorite clothes to them and they will give it the lifetime treatment. They charge by the pound.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I wear rubber boots (pants tucked in) and spray the upper part of them with permethrin just about every time i go on a hunt, I figure most of the little monsters have to climb my boots to latch on to me. I try to stay away from the thick edges or refrain from walking through a field of Goldenrods where the ticks can get to my meat parts quickly. If you do wander through that stuff do a real good tick check soon after. The last tiny little creep that infected me embedded itself in a crease at the base of my ring finger and pinky.

Last edited:
Our creeks up here in NE PA are overrun with knotweed, so this would be excellent news if it is confirmed in tests on humans. Having gone through two rounds of Doxycycline I’d much prefer a natural remedy especially if it’s made from an invasive. Does anyone have experience taking it, and how do you prepare it?
Take it encapsulated, usually dried and ground root. Dr Stephen Buhner has a great book entitled Healing Lyme. Very helpful

Spraying boots only is not enough. At a minimum, pants need sprayed, too. But I do my coat, too. Just the outer layers. It can be sprayed on clothes or you can also dunk clothes in a bucket of solution.
Possibly the best thing is to wear clothes with the permanent treatment.
Insect Shield is one brand that sells clothes with a "lifetime" treatment...good for ~70 launderings.
Insect Shield will also treat YOUR clothes. Ship your favorite clothes to them and they will give it the lifetime treatment. They charge by the pound.

Agreed. In addition to treating outer layers, I also treat my turkey vest including seat since that is usually the first point of contact. My goal is to ensure the tick comes into contact with it before getting onto my skin.

Agreed. In addition to treating outer layers, I also treat my turkey vest including seat since that is usually the first point of contact. My goal is to ensure the tick comes into contact with it before getting onto my skin.
I know in certain areas of the country, they treat ALL their gear. Lots of people do "soaks" of tents and other gear. And not just for ticks, mosquitoes too. Paddlers in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area discuss it on their forum. Permethrin soaks are a common practice up there. We treated everything before our BWCA trip.
My wife and I floated the Buffalo River in Arkansas several years ago before we knew about permethrin. Wow, the ticks were climbing all over or gear.

If I'm ever running short of permethrin, I make sure that I first do all of edges of clothes before I run out...pants bottoms, belt line, shirt bottom, sleeve cuffs and collar. Anywhere the little bastards can breech my outer layer and gain access to my hide.

Here where I'm at northeast florida 99% are lone star ticks that I've seen... never noticed any without the little dot.....

I live in a tick infested hell hole.For the past 15 years,I've been treating my cloths with permethrin.I keep a pair of pants sprayed down at all times for my son and I and we've never had a single tick imbedded since using it.I buy it in concentrated form from tractor supply called permethrin 10.I mix 3oz with one gallon of water in a yard sprayer.

Permethrin is great and I also keep some 100 mg tabs of doxycycline. One time dose of 100 mg after an exposure can be great prevention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s Rx only but not hard to get. I just explained my situation to my doctor he’s cool. If you get a tick bite I would definitely seek out a prescription for it as soon as possible if you don’t already have some on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back