• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hey-O from Minnesota!

ColdSteel240

Hi guys!

Last winter I decided to pick up bow hunting. After watching the documentary "Blackfish" and doing some soul searching I decided that if I am going to eat meat I should go through the process of getting it to the dinner table from beginning to end, so I set out to learn as much as I could about getting after them whitetails. During the course of my research I eventually found Eberhart on 3 Rivers Archery. The moment I saw him in the tree saddle I recognized the value a saddle offers in the woods and I ordered one. After waiting through a delay with New Tribe I received my tree saddle only to discover it was too big. So I returned it, waited through another delay (I guess that's what happens when you order at the beginning of bow season), and finally received the second most useful tool in my hunting bag of tricks (second only because the bow has to be first, right?). The very next day I was hunting in Wisconsin and killed my first deer ever! A buck none the less! Do you think I'm hooked? YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'M HOOKED! Before I killed him I would have told you that all I think about is hunting, but after killing Kid Brutal I am completely useless. People talk to me these days and I manage to smile and nod at the right moments, but mentally I am not there...I am thinking about where to hunt next, or all the mistakes I made during my first kill, or how to improve my gear, or how I will squeeze range time into my day, or a million other things that all lead to the same end; getting that double-bladed, 100 grain Schwacker through both lungs.

A week ago I noticed the business card that came with my saddle laying in one of my piles of hunting stuff was not a New Tribe business card, but a card for this website. Just like the moment when I saw Eberhart in the saddle and I recognized the value of it, I knew the moment I saw the front page of the forum that I would be spending a lot of time on this site. I'm so grateful you guys are here!! All the little puzzles I have been struggling to solve are present here (BTW if anyone wants to sell some Ameristep strap-on steps let's talk :roll: ), as well as plenty of solutions to problems I didn't even know I had yet! Thanks so much to redsquirrel for all your work, and thanks to all of you that contribute!

Brandon

Welcome to the site Brandon! :D

Thank you for your kind words. Everything that you discussed are the exact reasons I put this site together. I am THRILLED with all of the wonderful ideas that have been shared so far, and the site is still only in its infancy! I know there are great things to come!

I think all of us know the feeling of being useless because we are day dreaming about anything and everything hunting related! :lol:

Back