• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hey yall, from louisiana!

Sadly, I just got into deer/bow hunting, after rifle season, this past season, on public heavy hunted land. Boy that was a rough and tough learning curve. But I'm better now for it I suppose, somehow. Well, needless to say after all that misery, I'm flat out hooked! I did have one doe come out on me within shooting distance just before dark but sadly it was behind me, in a Climber, with the only leafy branch in sight to stop me from beginners luck. Well in an effort to speed up my learning curve I started reading books. My first book and I haven't finished it yet is: Bowhunting pressured whitetails: Expert techniques for taking big, wary whitetails. And this book has only fueled my fire. If you haven't picked this book up, I'm sorry for you haha, its a fantastic read. in the book he talks about how tree saddles changed his life and the way he hunts. And that is what lead me here. I look forward to chatting and learning here. And I plan to have my first saddle before October rolls around. So, hello from louisiana!

The Manual Machinist said:
Thanks, red. I look forward to posting my first deer here later this year. I'm putting in the work. Hoping it pays off.
That's what it takes! Good luck!

I guess its my time to pop in and say whats up. TMM is a buddy of mine and is who introduced me to saddle hunting. After a lot of research, it looks like I will be making the transition to a saddle hunter.

So with that said, I hope to learn a thing or two from you experts :lol:

phobia said:
I guess its my time to pop in and say whats up. TMM is a buddy of mine and is who introduced me to saddle hunting. After a lot of research, it looks like I will be making the transition to a saddle hunter.

Welcome! :D

redsquirrel said:
phobia said:

Thanks glad to be apart of this forum.

phobia said:
redsquirrel said:
phobia said:

Thanks glad to be apart of this forum.

We're glad to have you!

Back