• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hi everyone

Stanlew24

Hello. My name is Stanlew24 and I’m fromthe burbs of Chicago Illinois. A little north of Elgin if you are from around the same area. I like sunsets, long walks on the beach, and sitting in a tree still as death while that buck comes out of cover. I stumbled onto saddle hunting watching YouTube videos and I think it’s the coolest thing since canned beans. I’m going to hold off for a couple months before ordering a proper harness, and start with using my tree climbing harness. I took off the bridge and added a longer one. I. Using a lone wolf hand climber top as my platform while I wait for parts. Thanks for letting me on here and I hope everyone fills their freezer.

Woooo! 2 weeks and I can go hunting. Hopefully the shotgun hunters don’t kill them all. I’m going in with 4 LW sticks. Don’t know if they will be 3 or 2 step, aides or no. I will be using my tree climbing harness, and a LW hand climber top. I’m using my hhs ropes as my lineman’s and tether. I have a real linemen’s belt but it’s bright green and it clinks a lot on the carabiners. Got a new bow. She is Tuned, I just need to sight in for broadheads out to 30. I just hope it’s in the 40s when I go. To an hour away public land. I skunked out last year, and only got hair so far this year. Thanks for all the info in advance. I’ll post some recipes lol.

Welcome, no need to get another platform, keep that hand climber and mess around using it to climb with, I have 3 other platforms and still grab the hand climber, lol, only one that is also a climbing method!

Back