• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hickory creek question.

iamcorey

Got my new arrows in from HC. Put new broadheads on to try out. Already zeroed the mini with field tips. First shot I’m a little left, but the bad part is n the pic below. Am I supposed to glue something before shooting these?

Arrow was in the foam. Broadhead and insert was in the backstop.
4a3cb5b7357721a219b5bc0e0d74ecb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about their arrows specifically but you can take the shaft and rough the inside (where the insert goes) with a gun cleaning brush. Then clean with acetone. The clean the insert also. Add some good glue such as goat tuff and twist the insert when you push back into the arrow. Allow enough time to dry (dependent on what glue you choose). The you are good to go!

Not sure about their arrows specifically but you can take the shaft and rough the inside (where the insert goes) with a gun cleaning brush. Then clean with acetone. The clean the insert also. Add some good glue such as goat tuff and twist the insert when you push back into the arrow. Allow enough time to dry (dependent on what glue you choose). The you are good to go!

Thanks. I have 5 more in the new package. Would you recommend I glue them all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir...rough the inside of the shaft and clean them first. I had to literally beat an insert out with a drill bit once. I didn’t get the inserts seated correctly...man it was a pain to get out. That really holds them tight!

Back