• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hickory Creek Red Dot Installation issue?

BlackpowderGuy (AJHS)

SH Member
Hi - I just got my first red dot and tried to install it on my mini. The limbs are visible in the field of view. I have moved the scope rail as far over as I can. Any suggestions? @Nutterbuster @Dman75

This is normal and the trade off of using a red dot on the mini. It does not affect the shooting and accuracy if you accept the view it creates.

A scope focuses beyond them and you do not see them, except maybe a slight shadow effect.

After using it for awhile, funny I forgot this was an issue. Brain does a good job tuning things out.

I will get used to it, just wanted to make sure that I didn't set it up wrong or something. Zeroed it this morning at 25 yards...My longest shot is 30. I think this is going to be a sweet set up!

Back