• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

High Boltage

HappyChappy

SH Member
Looking forward to using my treehopper/bolts this year! For those of you that use bolts, how many do you carry with you/how high do you set your platform or ring of bolts? I know terrain dictates variance in hunting height preference, so to standardize it in some way, please state favorite hunting height and number of bolts used for hunting flat land.

I've been using the drill & bolt system since the 1983 season. When I was younger it wasn't a problem to get my platform 20' with 10 bolts. Now I don't stretch them out as much, but still only drill 10 bolts. But, I always carry 12 bolts for just in case I drop one or I need to get higher. There's been times when I only used 8 bolts. At the moment I can't remember a time when I used less than 8.

do any of you use flex seal to dampen the sound on your bolts? what do guys suggest to silence them ?

Back