• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hilltopper e-bike conversion kit

denots

Does anybody have any experience with these? I ran across them the other day and they kind of intrigued me. I like the fact that you can put them on pretty much any 26-inch wheel bike. It does go on the front wheel of the bike watch I'm not sure if it would be as good as a rear-wheel-drive. Although it seems like if you used the pedals and the electric motor at the same time you would have an all-wheel-drive bike for going through muddy areas.

Do you have a link to one you're looking at? I have a Surly fat bike that would be awesome for this type of thing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looks like they have a 48V kit with a 29" wheel. I may call them and ask what they'd recommend for a mountain bike. These look more aimed at road bikes than mountain bikes but I can't believe the 48 wouldn't have gobs of power to pull a person around.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Does anybody have any experience with these? I ran across them the other day and they kind of intrigued me. I like the fact that you can put them on pretty much any 26-inch wheel bike. It does go on the front wheel of the bike watch I'm not sure if it would be as good as a rear-wheel-drive. Although it seems like if you used the pedals and the electric motor at the same time you would have an all-wheel-drive bike for going through muddy areas.
I ordered a Leeds kit a few weeks ago. Haven’t received it yet but they look very similar.

https://www.e-bikerig.com/?_vsrefdo..._term=leed e bikes&utm_content=LEED - E Bikes

I'm interested to see what you think of the front wheel hub. Let me know what you think about it after you get it. I'm trying to decide if I want to try to build my own from scratch or just buy something already put together.

Guys I think you will be disappointed in the wheel kits. I researched a lot before buying my mid drive kit. The $$ for those kits are similar to the bbshd. I recommend a mid drive for sure... tons of power for off road

I'm interested to see what you think of the front wheel hub. Let me know what you think about it after you get it. I'm trying to decide if I want to try to build my own from scratch or just buy something already put together.
My kit is currently on backorder since May 31. They ran out of my particular front hub motor and are waiting for more to arrive. Should be any day now. I will do a short review once I put mine together.

Back