• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hip waders

Buckwounder

Jul 16, 2019
I'm looking for a lightweight solution to crossing creeks and wading through flooded areas when still hunting to my target area. I revisited an area a couple of weeks ago that surprisingly had been flooded by a beaver and the water was over my boots. I don't want to hunt in my waders. Does anyone use a lightweight viable option that could easily pack up on the hike in and out?

Recurveaholic

Dec 23, 2018
I'm looking for a lightweight solution to crossing creeks and wading through flooded areas when still hunting to my target area. I revisited an area a couple of weeks ago that surprisingly had been flooded by a beaver and the water was over my boots. I don't want to hunt in my waders. Does anyone use a lightweight viable option that could easily pack up on the hike in and out?
I actually just hunted in my neoprene waders yesterday because I had to walk through a swamp to get to my spot, they are the ones with the boots on them and it was actually not bad at all! But if you don't want to do that then they make lite weight hip waders that are not expensive!

Reactions: Buckwounder

peteherbst

Dec 15, 2018
Jefferson County, Wisconsin
I bought a pair of dans frog legs for this season and they’re pretty darn good. A bit noisy out of the box so I wear them over a pair of thin sweatpants and then under a pair of lightweight Camo pants.

sdonx

SH Member
Jan 30, 2018
SE MASS
These babies weigh in negative...friggen space boots.
I have had them two seasons. And kicked the cr@p out of them.
Not the toughest, I also have a pair of Dans in Muck's...way tougher. But if your looking for pack in light these are awesome.

ingley Boots with Yoder Chaps
$99.00 – $119.00
High quality Yoder chaps and lightweight Tingley boots leave you waterproof to the top of the chaps for whatever adventure your hunt takes you on without weighing you down.

Description
The lightest boot on the market topped with the durability and waterproof quality you have come to expect from Yoder Chaps.
Boot: The Tingley is an EVA knee boot. 70% lighter than other rubber boots, they weigh in at only 2 lbs. 4 oz. before chaps and feature 100% seamless waterproof construction. Tiny air bubbles self insulate, keeping feet warmer in the cold and cooler in the heat. The low temperature properties of this boot help maintain flexibility in cold weather.
Chaps: There are 4 weights of chaps you can choose from. Chaps are sewn onto the boot and sealed for a waterproof fit. Adjustable nylon loops with buckles at the top of the chap secure the chap to your belt or belt loops. Snaps in the top of the chap allow the chap to snap to the top of the boot when chaps are folded down.
Lightweight: 400 denier inner waterproof layer, plus 400 denier nylon outer briar-resistant layer.
Heavyweight: 400 denier inner waterproof layer and 1,000 denier nylon briar proof outer later.
Super Chap: 400 denier inner waterproof layer; the outside layer consists of one layer of 400 denier nylon and one layer of 400 denier nylon heavy coated domestic (made in the USA) material. Briar proof, this is a very durable and comfortable walking chap.
Snake Chap: Made of the same material as the Heavyweight chap, the Snake chap has a triple layer all the way up. These chaps will offer additional protection in snake country, but no claims are being made or liability assumed as to their effectiveness.

huntin_addict

Jun 18, 2018
Erie County, PA
Bought a relatively cheap pair of Frog Toggs hip boots last year on sale. Think I got them for $35. Used them for checking out the swamp & making a couple of creek crossings this year. Worked well, pack up relatively well.

kmleach

Vendor Rep
Dec 4, 2018
You can send in any pair of boots to Ridgeline and they’ll have the chaps sewn on for you, just need to call them to coordinate. I’ve done that with all three pair of my Lacrosse Alpha Burly’s because they don't offer an insulated boot version on their website. Couldn't be happier as I hunt mainly swamps but can roll down the hip waders and turn them back into regular boots in 10 seconds. They do double duty very well and I have uninsulted, 800g, and 1600g versions ready to go.

Reactions: ericabbott

Allegheny Tom

SH Member
Feb 4, 2018
Western Pennsylvania
These babies weigh in negative...friggen space boots.
I have had them two seasons. And kicked the cr@p out of them.
Not the toughest, I also have a pair of Dans in Muck's...way tougher. But if your looking for pack in light these are awesome.

ingley Boots with Yoder Chaps
$99.00 – $119.00
High quality Yoder chaps and lightweight Tingley boots leave you waterproof to the top of the chaps for whatever adventure your hunt takes you on without weighing you down.

Description
The lightest boot on the market topped with the durability and waterproof quality you have come to expect from Yoder Chaps.
Boot: The Tingley is an EVA knee boot. 70% lighter than other rubber boots, they weigh in at only 2 lbs. 4 oz. before chaps and feature 100% seamless waterproof construction. Tiny air bubbles self insulate, keeping feet warmer in the cold and cooler in the heat. The low temperature properties of this boot help maintain flexibility in cold weather.
Chaps: There are 4 weights of chaps you can choose from. Chaps are sewn onto the boot and sealed for a waterproof fit. Adjustable nylon loops with buckles at the top of the chap secure the chap to your belt or belt loops. Snaps in the top of the chap allow the chap to snap to the top of the boot when chaps are folded down.
Lightweight: 400 denier inner waterproof layer, plus 400 denier nylon outer briar-resistant layer.
Heavyweight: 400 denier inner waterproof layer and 1,000 denier nylon briar proof outer later.
Super Chap: 400 denier inner waterproof layer; the outside layer consists of one layer of 400 denier nylon and one layer of 400 denier nylon heavy coated domestic (made in the USA) material. Briar proof, this is a very durable and comfortable walking chap.
Snake Chap: Made of the same material as the Heavyweight chap, the Snake chap has a triple layer all the way up. These chaps will offer additional protection in snake country, but no claims are being made or liability assumed as to their effectiveness.
I have a pair of Tingley bottoms (without the chaps) and I really like them for lots of chores and stuff. But they are basically Crocs made into boots. Traction is not the greatest and the soles are not good for spending any time on bolts, steps, etc. They are fine on a platform but I cant imagine they would be very comfortable for an all day hang on a ROS.
They ARE anti gravity, though.
I swear my feet are lighter with them ON than off.

• Haha
Reactions: Recurveaholic

sdonx

SH Member
Jan 30, 2018
SE MASS
X2 on how thin they are. Ive never hunted in a tree wearing them. They are great for packing in and leaving at your deep crossing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpawshooter

SH Member
Aug 22, 2018
I second the Wiggy’s Ricky racer posted. I have a pair going on at least 10 years and use them in similar situations.

Buckwounder

Jul 16, 2019
Just ordered the Wiggy's, We shall see. Just hope I don't snag and puncture on a stick in 18 degrees in two weeks. I'll post my review!

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
Yoder's chaps. I wear them with the tingley ultralights all early season and then have a couple pairs with heavier boots for as the season progresses. I keep them tucked under my pant legs until I need them, then deploy them and tuck them back in when I'm at the tree.